Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/o Passaic

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:59 pm
In the Passaic thread multiple posters mentioned needing a tuition break even while earning over 200K. What kind of jobs are people working that earn more than 200K in Passaic?

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
In the Passaic thread multiple posters mentioned needing a tuition break even while earning over 200K. What kind of jobs are people working that earn more than 200K in Passaic?

If you have 2 working parents with good jobs it can = close to 200. now not me but I can see how.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:26 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
If you have 2 working parents with good jobs it can = close to 200. now not me but I can see how.

What are considered good jobs that would each pay 100K? I don't see most women working full time, so even with a good job, the men would have to make 150K or more to get up to 200K

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:44 am
Lots of big firm lawyers and accountants are in that range. People who work in finance. Doctors. Full time nurses can cross $100k. I have a fundraiser friend who is in that range. I live in a different NJ suburb, but passaic should be the same.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:26 am
Just moved to the Passaic area. 75% of the men on my block are lawyers. Then there are a few dentists, actuaries, and accountants

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 11:09 am
Working full time in a well-paying hospital as nurse I make more than 100k

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 11:15 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Lots of big firm lawyers and accountants are in that range. People who work in finance. Doctors. Full time nurses can cross $100k. I have a fundraiser friend who is in that range. I live in a different NJ suburb, but passaic should be the same.

Okay. But as a frum family in a location with no buses and different schedules for different-aged kids, it's very difficult for both parents to work full-time. Which means that one parent, usually the mother, ends up working part-time.

If she's working part-time, her salary probably isn't that high. So then the other spouse would need to be making a lot more (like another poster said, closer to $150K) in order for their income to be $200K.

How many people realistically make over $200K? And if both parents work full-time, isn't a lot of the money offset by childcare costs?

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 12:01 pm
There are a lot of college professionals and business owners in Passaic. Tons of commuters to the city. Accountants, actuaries, doctors, lawyers, nursing home administrators can all earn well over $100k after a couple of years. A wife working school hours as a OT/SLP/school psychologist can easily bring in another $50k and there you go $150k plus.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics