Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Online shopping disasters

mirror

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:56 pm
What online shopping disasters have you had?

My most recent one was from Ebay. I purchased a bag of glitter thinking it was huge.

The description was for 5000 pieces sequins glitter. When it arrived, I saw the bag was tiny (exactly 2 1/2 inches long) and only held 2 teaspoons of glitter. For $1 why would I expect more? But my kids needed it for school. Anyone else?

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:15 pm
I once ordered a knee length orange dress from ASOS.
I got an Orange top that looked nothing like the dress.

imasinger

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 4:14 am
A few years ago, I used Amazon to order the children's game "Oh, Rats!" for my granddaughter. (It was a favorite first game for my kids when they were little.) Apparently, perhaps because it was now vintage, in spite of the accurate picture of the game on the page, some wires got crossed somewhere, and my granddaughter got sent a box of rat food.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:56 am
imasinger wrote:
A few years ago, I used Amazon to order the children's game "Oh, Rats!" for my granddaughter. (It was a favorite first game for my kids when they were little.) Apparently, perhaps because it was now vintage, in spite of the accurate picture of the game on the page, some wires got crossed somewhere, and my granddaughter got sent a box of rat food.

LOL LOL

Thanks for the laugh!

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 10:55 am
imasinger wrote:

That is awful. And hysterical. LOL

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 12:33 pm
Ordered children’s shabbos outfits from a frum company’s website. After placing the order I noticed that the shipping address was missing my apartment number. I called their customer service number right away to fix my mistake and couldn’t get through to anyone so I left a message clearly explaining the issue. I called again later in the day and someone picked up and said that the order got placed already without correcting the shipping address. I never received the package. The post office claims its lost. The company won’t give me a refund or use their shipping insurance to cover the cost.

tf

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 12:36 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Ordered children’s shabbos outfits from a frum company’s website. After placing the order I noticed that the shipping address was missing my apartment number. I called their customer service number right away to fix my mistake and couldn’t get through to anyone so I left a message clearly explaining the issue. I called again later in the day and someone picked up and said that the order got placed already without correcting the shipping address. I never received the package. The post office claims its lost. The company won’t give me a refund or use their shipping insurance to cover the cost.

Hug
It's a shame there's no hugs button. How about disputing the charge?

tweety1

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 2:57 pm
tf wrote:
Hug
It's a shame there's no hugs button. How about disputing the charge?

I'd dispute the charge. That's called ganeiva. Seriously. Hello. Shame on that company. That's exactly why I hate shopping by (unfortunately) our ppl. Very often their service stinks

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 3:25 pm
I need to ask a shailah before I dispute the charge... if a rav says it’s ok then I probably will after yomtif.

I agree that shopping in frum stores is a bigger headache. The return policies are terrible. You often don’t even get your money back if you pay with credit card—just store credit. The amount of time they give to make returns is also ridiculous. A different frum children’s clothing store—very high end, totally embarrassed someone in front of everyone, giving the customer a very difficult time when she wanted to return something a month and a half after purchasing. The owner refused. And raised her voice at the customer.

Growing up out of town, 90% of my shopping was done at non Jewish stores like Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Ann Taylor etc. I never heard of these ridiculous return policies until I got married and moved to NY. I guess the profits are on a different scale than large non jewish stores and therefore they need to act more aggressively.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 3:39 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I need to ask a shailah before I dispute the charge... if a rav says it’s ok then I probably will after yomtif.

I agree that shopping in frum stores is a bigger headache. The return policies are terrible. You often don’t even get your money back if you pay with credit card—just store credit. The amount of time they give to make returns is also ridiculous. A different frum children’s clothing store—very high end, totally embarrassed someone in front of everyone, giving the customer a very difficult time when she wanted to return something a month and a half after purchasing. The owner refused. And raised her voice at the customer.

Growing up out of town, 90% of my shopping was done at non Jewish stores like Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Ann Taylor etc. I never heard of these ridiculous return policies until I got married and moved to NY. I guess the profits are on a different scale than large non jewish stores and therefore they need to act more aggressively.

Comparing large department stores to small mom & pop shops is not a fair deal. The large business have enough turnaround and cash flow to fund liberal return policies. These types of return policies would bankrupt small businesses.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics