Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
What is my purpose
Previous  1  2

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 2:01 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
My 9 year old cries about this alot. She takes after me, I'm 33 and still crying about it.
Maybe something like this may help:
https://twitter.com/maggiesmit.....17123

Thanks so much

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 4:55 pm
My 13 year old asked me similar before yom Kippur. Our extended family had some health knocks and my daughter didn't know what to do with herself. She kept asking me, but what should I be doing? What can I do to fix/help things. She felt helpless.
I told her that aside for the normal things like tehillim massim tovim etc, her tachlis at this time in her life is to be the best thirteen year old "Jane doe" that she can be.
THAT is what hashem wants from her and from EACH of us at our stage of life that we are at.
The girls generally understand what that means.
Hatzlocha with it all.
I also find that whenever faced with difficult questions you can always take the time to answer. It doesn't need immediate. It also gives value to your daughter and her questions.
And before answering, I try to remember to say, hashem, sifasei tiftach.
That hashem should give me the right words to say.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children