Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Can't get an ex-ray
Previous  1  2

etky

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 10:15 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
There are many cities in Israel, just as there are many cities in America. Yes, in NY you can get an x ray in an hour. In large cities in Israel there are the same medical amenities as you are used to. In smaller towns both in the US and in Israel this won't be the case. It's about larger or smaller cities, not about the country. And in America, people who aren't on Medicaid are paying $$$$$$ for those services.

This.
THere are also emergency medical clinics like Terem where you can get one on demand.
And hospital emergency rooms as well as main Kuppa clinics.
I have actually never heard of anyone who needed an xray not getting one pretty much immediately (within hours).
In Israel, even small cities that don't have x-ray machines are in close proximity to the larger cities that have one. It's a small country.

etky

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 10:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thank you. I really appreciate the offer. I wish I would have seen this earlier.

if you see this and have a chance, I would still appreciate this information.

Be'h I will try to get you the info on Tuesday morning.
Chag sameach and refuah shleimah.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Oct 14 2019, 3:26 pm
I can't imagine Beitar doesn't have an x Ray machine. It has a large Meuchedet clinic. Call them up first thing in the morning and see what you need to be examined (maybe a referrel from a local dr?)
As everyone else has said on the thread. Never heard of such a wait for an x-ray. They're usually done on the spot. I guess you can make an appointment for one too on your kupa's app.
Worse comes to worse you can go to terem and pay out of pocket - but it shouldn't come to that

Aylat

Post Mon, Oct 14 2019, 3:46 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
I can't imagine Beitar doesn't have an x Ray machine. It has a large Meuchedet clinic. Call them up first thing in the morning and see what you need to be examined (maybe a referrel from a local dr?)
As everyone else has said on the thread. Never heard of such a wait for an x-ray. They're usually done on the spot. I guess you can make an appointment for one too on your kupa's app.
Worse comes to worse you can go to terem and pay out of pocket - but it shouldn't come to that

And I think that if you get טופס 17 from your clinic, you shouldn't have to pay out of pocket.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 14 2019, 4:05 pm
etky wrote:

Thank you.

To clarify, the emergency ex-ray at the ER was not a problem. It’s the scheduled follow up that is the problem. I am pretty sure Tishrei yomim Tovim is a factor.

Mamushka

Post Mon, Oct 14 2019, 4:35 pm
Just call up Meuchedet. They will tell you where you can get a follow up appointment. On Haturim you can sure bring her for a follow up

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 14 2019, 9:32 pm
Mamushka wrote:
Just call up Meuchedet. They will tell you where you can get a follow up appointment. On Haturim you can sure bring her for a follow up

Yes. I did that. And I got the appointment that is still a good few weeks away...

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 2:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes. I did that. And I got the appointment that is still a good few weeks away...

I belong to a different kuppa, but in general the rule is that if you want an appointment that day or that week, you do not call the national kuppa number. That is for regular appointments, often a month or two away.

If you need something urgent, you call your local kuppa, and emphasize how important it is.

Since it seems you don't have an xray machine locally, call the place where people usually go.

etky

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 2:33 am
etky wrote:

So the xray is open Chol Hamoed Tues-Thurs from 08:00-12:00
If you need a hitchayvut (I don't remember if you do but you might) then the Meuchedet mazcirut just down the hall is open until 11:30 on Chol Hamoed

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 6:46 am
Hi Etky, I just wanted to thank you for this information. It was too complicated for us to get to Beitar early enough in the morning... We gave up and will just wait for our appointment at this point. I don't think it was likely that the bone was set wrong, more just to check if the cast can come off yet. So no disaster will happen by waiting, it's just not comfortable. My daughter's getting used to living with it... Now it's just me who wants to give her a normal bath!!!

etky

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 2:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi Etky, I just wanted to thank you for this information. It was too complicated for us to get to Beitar early enough in the morning... We gave up and will just wait for our appointment at this point. I don't think it was likely that the bone was set wrong, more just to check if the cast can come off yet. So no disaster will happen by waiting, it's just not comfortable. My daughter's getting used to living with it... Now it's just me who wants to give her a normal bath!!!

Yeah, the bathing acrobatics are the worst part. Hopefully it will soon be but a memory...
Refuah Shleimah.

ora_43

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 2:37 pm
In the future, there's also a new option - you can send your child's doctor a message through the Meuhedet website. They can respond and give you referrals.

A response might take 2-3 days, so it's not good for emergencies. But it can help in situations like this, where you need a referral for a few days later/ aren't sure which referral you need/ aren't sure how urgent your problem is.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 5:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter's getting used to living with it... Now it's just me who wants to give her a normal bath!!!

There is a cover you can get from Yad Sarah. You have to buy it; it is not one of the items they lend out, but it is not expensive. Less then 100NIS, for sure. It is multi use, and meant to provide a complete seal, allowing for normal showering. Ive never used it, but have heard good reports from people who have. Have a look on their website.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions