Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
I don't want to cook again!!!!
Previous  1  2

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:33 pm
Ha!
Had not frum company last night (supposed to be a sukkah experience), inlaws tonight, and sleepover Shabbos company. I don't have to think about Yom Tov until next week.
Btw, I work f/t and my boss expects everything done.
I also found a lump in my breast on Monday- BH, all good. MD Wednesday, mammo-sonogram today, it's a cyst Thank G-d!!!
But 5 minutes after my in laws showed up, I ran down to my basement to get drinks and bashed my hand, which has been throbbing and is not able to hold anything now for 2hours.
It should all be a kapparah and BH every should be alright.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:36 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
I'm also DONE. For this Shabbos I'm cooking three things: chicken soup, noodles to go with the soup so that it's a full meal, and chulent for lunch. That's it. After all that eating, there really isn't a need for more food than that anyway.

If that fills you up then great!

But I never understood the "after all that food" things.
My ils are like this- first of all I get hungry between meals. Even if I overeat a bit (which I don't) I don't stay full for 7 hours!!!! And yom tov was 3 days ago! Drives me crazy! Having a lot of food on Yom tov doesn't mean that I'm not hungry on shabbos!

This is not directed at previous poster just triggered by that comment

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 10:39 pm
I don’t either stay full from three days ago .Every day we need to eat again.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 11:13 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
If that fills you up then great!

But I never understood the "after all that food" things.
My ils are like this- first of all I get hungry between meals. Even if I overeat a bit (which I don't) I don't stay full for 7 hours!!!! And yom tov was 3 days ago! Drives me crazy! Having a lot of food on Yom tov doesn't mean that I'm not hungry on shabbos!

This is not directed at previous poster just triggered by that comment

I mean, yeah, I need to eat every day, and I do snack plenty, but yes, 2-3 days of overdoing it generally does cause me to be able to manage on lighter meals for 2-3 days after. I don't even want to look at a multi course meal at this point, even if I'm not the one making it.

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I really don't overdo it and did double some recipes, but all of Yom Tov seems to revolve around food. And on other days, I'm busy with breakfast, lunch & supper around the clock with the kids out of school & the bochurim being home.

And when I do finally get to go out and meet some people, the discussions revolve around food too - what they've served, what they've eaten, what new recipes they've tried, what food is still in the freezer, their culinary successes or disasters, the plate arrangements, the table decor, dishes or plastic, and so on.

I get this. I take a different approach. Rather than filling up my freezer weeks in advance, I plan my menu eruv sukkos and didn't start cooking until DH went to shul. My meals get simpler. I rather spend time with friends and family and deliver good fresh meals with minimum fuss.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 2:46 am
my freezer is full....my family is not eating....my sugars keep rising....so yeah!

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 8:12 am
Hooray!!!
I get to go to the store and cook again!!!

I have so much in the way of left overs but not enough to do anything with because I have company

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 8:18 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Hooray!!!
I get to go to the store and cook again!!!

I have so much in the way of left overs but not enough to do anything with because I have company

Can you serve family style?

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 8:47 am
Squishy wrote:
Can you serve family style?

Not sure what that means??

I never individually plate in the kitchen, I put everything on platters and it gets past.

3/4 of a pound of brisket, 2 nice thick slices of silvertip roast, 6 piece of chicken, 1/2 a turkey breast, potatoes for 3-4, 1/2 a carrot kugel, 1/2 apple crisp, 3-4 bowels each of 2 different kinds left over soup....does me no good for company. For my DH/kids, it is fine, but I can't serve that to company.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics