Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Coat for 15-month-old girl that is actually WARM
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:11 am
Preferably available online and not over $30-$40. I will probably get a coat in 24 months so that it lasts the whole winter.

I don't want a snowsuit because it'll be an absolute pain. The problem is that it looks like all the coats for kids this age are like thin jackets!

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:18 am
I dressed my children till age 5 in Hanna Anderson jackets.

https://www.hannaandersson.com.....D_BwE

Extremely warm, easy for a child to put on himself. Zipper is well made.very cozy.
Great for sensory children.

https://www.hannaandersson.com.....D_BwE

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:18 am
You are asking for too much. Can I recommend a $ 60 headband instead?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:20 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
You are asking for too much. Can I recommend a $ 60 headband instead?

Which part was too much?

The price, the warmth, or the practicality?

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Which part was too much?

The price, the warmth, or the practicality?

All three together.

Sorry this was really just a response to another thread regarding clothing for kids.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:31 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
All three together.

Sorry this was really just a response to another thread regarding clothing for kids.

I know, I posted on that thread. I probably should've put a wink to explain that I was deadpanning.

Seriously, though, can you give me a recommendation that is at least warm for an anticipated freezing winter and not too expensive?

srbmom

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 4:45 am
https://www.gap.com/browse/pro.....ntent

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 5:14 am
In all seriousness, are you looking for a coat for a car seat, stroller , or walking outside. Depending on your need the best type of coat will differ.
In a Car seat, puffer coats are a no no, but if you’re not driving, children’s place has puffer coats I think.
For a stroller, you’re best off with just a good bunting - I ordered mine in Walmart.com.

sky

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 7:06 am
Very warm coats at that price point is hard.

What are you doing with 15 month old? If walking outside for hours then you may need to go higher.

If it is quick in and out then children’s place or old navy has always worked well for me at that age. For longer walks I’ll layer with a sweatshirt or use a bunting or blanket in the carriage.

(They aren’t taking the bus or playing in the snow at this age so diff needs)

For the future buying in advance can save a lot. I buy at the end of the year from lands end for my older kids in that price range.

sky

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 7:08 am
srbmom wrote:
https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=473796012&cid=8770&pcid=8770&vid=1&grid=pds_18_56_1&cpos=18&cid=CategoryIDs%3D8770&ctype=Listing&cpid=res637069849054250385#pdp-page-content

Thank you for posting this.
There is also a 10% off coupon. (Now I need to find out if o can buy it on Chol Hamoed)

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 7:49 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
In all seriousness, are you looking for a coat for a car seat, stroller , or walking outside. Depending on your need the best type of coat will differ.
In a Car seat, puffer coats are a no no, but if you’re not driving, children’s place has puffer coats I think.
For a stroller, you’re best off with just a good bunting - I ordered mine in Walmart.com.

Can you post a link

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 8:29 am
I got the layered children place jacket and was very happy. Warm enough for walks.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 8:29 am
Check out the toffee padded jacket on next direct site in the younger girls section. I bought it last week for $29. It is cute and thick, rated "warmest, for very cold weather" note that they run very big you would want to order a size down.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 9:12 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:

For the most part, we're in and out of the car, but because parking is terrible, a lot of times I'm walking a little distance with the kids to get them home.

My sister bought her this coat. https://www.amazon.com/Urtrend.....=8-11 How on earth will that be warm enough for the winter in NY, though?

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 9:53 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Can you post a link

I can't link on my phone, but it's Jolly Jumper Snuggle Bag for Strollers or Front-facing Car Seats

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 9:56 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I got the layered children place jacket and was very happy. Warm enough for walks.

Link please?

Warm enough for walks during the dead of winter?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 10:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For the most part, we're in and out of the car, but because parking is terrible, a lot of times I'm walking a little distance with the kids to get them home.

My sister bought her this coat. https://www.amazon.com/Urtrend.....=8-11 How on earth will that be warm enough for the winter in NY, though?

That coat, or should I say jacket, should be used now for Succos weather.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 10:05 am
ra_mom wrote:
That coat, or should I say jacket, should be used now for Succos weather.

That's what I'm using it for.

So then which coat should I get for the winter? Everything advertised is a jacket!

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 10:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's what I'm using it for.

So then which coat should I get for the winter? Everything advertised is a jacket!

15th month olds don't typically wear coats.

how is 15 month old getting from car to house? Are you carrying her?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics