Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
4 month old girl for wedding
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:16 pm
I would do a bonnet rather than a headband for that age.
And all cream lace.
Do something a smidget comfortable so that she can stay in it for a little bit.

honeymoon

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:18 pm
Blonde, it seems like the op made up her mind about what she wants to do. As long as she is not asking you to sponsor it, why make her feel bad about her choices? I don't think it's appropriate for an anonymous poster on ima to make a woman second guess herself when all she is doing is dressing her little girl adorably. With her own money.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:21 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Thank you! I think it’s insane. Feh.

Really? Feh?

If you have nothing nice to say...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:30 pm
So let me understand. You rather get your baby a $200 outfit to wear for 10 minutes for pictures than shoes for your boys! I think everyone would agree shoes are much more practical, reasonable and understandable than this waste of money for 10 minutes. I can’t imagine how people here who are struggling with money will feel reading this

I think everyone chooses to spend money as they see fit.

For the record- And I really don’t understand why I need to justify myself. I got a clothing budget for the Simcha, my little kids from someone quite difficult that insists on having the babies there. I can’t donate the money nor get myself groceries with it. I will give her receipts or have her order the stuff (hence it’s easier if it’s online). If I can find something she’s happy with that’s cheaper yay but this is all crazy enough- the wedding is in israel etc etc that I am not looking to make this hard on myself. My own gown costs less than this to rent. But alas it was also far easier to find something she likes!

We live on a budget and do not spend this kind of money. But I don’t begrudge those that do. Most of them give so much more to tzedaka as well. (Those that get tzedaka for it are a whole nother topic being hashed out in other threads).

And FF just because you started this and I dont feel comfortable pming you...I donated my weekly ‘Shabbos treat’ money to help you recently. And was so happy because bh that’s my priorities and that’s where my money goes first. When iyh one day I have more. I hope to give tzedaka and be able to get a mani or flowers as well and not feel bad about it!

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think everyone chooses to spend money as they see fit.

For the record- And I really don’t understand why I need to justify myself. I got a clothing budget for the Simcha, my little kids from someone quite difficult that insists on having the babies there. I can’t donate the money nor get myself groceries with it. I will give her receipts or have her order the stuff (hence it’s easier if it’s online). If I can find something she’s happy with that’s cheaper yay but this is all crazy enough- the wedding is in israel etc etc that I am not looking to make this hard on myself. My own gown costs less than this to rent. But alas it was also far easier to find something she likes!

We live on a budget and do not spend this kind of money. But I don’t begrudge those that do. Most of them give so much more to tzedaka as well. (Those that get tzedaka for it are a whole nother topic being hashed out in other threads).

And FF just because you started this and I dont feel comfortable pming you...I donated my weekly ‘Shabbos treat’ money to help you recently. And was so happy because bh that’s my priorities and that’s where my money goes first. When iyh one day I have more. I hope to give tzedaka and be able to get a mani or flowers as well and not feel bad about it!

Good for you for defending yourself. It really sickens me the attitudes on here of people who can’t Fargin others. Whatever happened to mind your own business?

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:38 pm
What are your boys wearing? What size are they? I have 2 gold vests that my boys wore to a recent wedding under a black suit. PM me

amother
OP

The baby is 0nly coming for pictures and you’re ready to spend $200?You can borrow something or get her something much cheaper and please donate the balance you would’ve spent-to tzedakah. I dont think Ha-Shem appreciates this need to compete and show off and total waste of money.

Please stay out of my finances. Thanks.

Sorry for being snarky, but this post was written in a similar tone...

Thank you to those that have ideas. I have officially stopped looking for anything and will just deal with the havoc that will ensue or find something last minute running around- this thread was really awful to read. Don’t know why ppl judge and begrudge others so much- I drive a Toyota but don’t spit at ppl who drive Lexus. Bh for them!

amother
Aquamarine

So let me understand. You rather get your baby a $200 outfit to wear for 10 minutes for pictures than shoes for your boys! I think everyone would agree shoes are much more practical, reasonable and understandable than this waste of money for 10 minutes. I can’t imagine how people here who are struggling with money will feel reading this

Well, I'm one of those people struggling with money and you don't have to imagine anymore. This is how I feel. I feel happy for op who gets to dress up her princess the way she wants on the way that fits into her budget. I also understand the frustration and annoyance that it hasn't been easy to find what she is looking for and I'm going to try and look around and see if I call find something that fits the bill. I'm also very surprised at some of the pettiness on this thread. Did you ever hear of fargining?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:39 pm
dankbar wrote:
What are your boys wearing? What size are they? I have 2 gold vests that my boys wore to a recent wedding under a black suit. PM me

Thank you:) my boys are bh set. There are gemachs that lend out suits- really nice and in perfect condition it’s amazing!!

Einikel

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please stay out of my finances. Thanks.

Sorry for being snarky, but this post was written in a similar tone...

Thank you to those that have ideas. I have officially stopped looking for anything and will just deal with the havoc that will ensue or find something last minute running around- this thread was really awful to read. Don’t know why ppl judge and begrudge others so much- I drive a Toyota but don’t spit at ppl who drive Lexus. Bh for them!

Hope you find something yummy and that you will get beautiful pictures. Mazel Tov to your simcha!

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:43 pm
please check the link I sent the more I look the more Im loving their stuff.

https://www.rufflesandbowties......mpers

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 10:59 pm
Op. What superwifey found is really perfect. It’s stunning! I would go with that and she could wear it afterwards for Shabbos.
Really it’s classy and looks well made. I think it’s perfect.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 3:12 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
There are so many amothers here who can't feed their families.

Maybe you could make a donation, and find something affordable for your baby. Pretty should not cost a week's worth of groceries.

Totally uncalled for. If she has the budget for it (and maybe someone gave her the money for this purpose only?) then why not? Let her be happy and enjoy dressing up her little princess.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 3:13 am
The baby is 0nly coming for pictures and you’re ready to spend $200?You can borrow something or get her something much cheaper and please donate the balance you would’ve spent-to tzedakah. I dont think Ha-Shem appreciates this need to compete and show off and total waste of money.

Hashem is happy if she spends $200 to be mesameach chassan vekallah.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 3:14 am

Her boys probably have shoes that fit and don't need new shoes.....

This was a really nice sweet thread until you guys came and ruined it with your judginess.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 3:58 am

I'm here.

I disagree.

Its not 10 minutes. Its a picture that will be looked at over and over again and enjoyed.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 8:28 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Op. What superwifey found is really perfect. It’s stunning! I would go with that and she could wear it afterwards for Shabbos.
Really it’s classy and looks well made. I think it’s perfect.

they also have it in gold (with a bonnet) if you wanted more gold than black, maybe get some sparkly trimming to jazz it up a bit

https://www.bonknit.com/collec.....-gold

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 8:31 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
they also have it in gold (with a bonnet) if you wanted more gold than black, maybe get some sparkly trimming to jazz it up a bit

https://www.bonknit.com/collec.....-gold

This is so pretty.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 8:34 am
Omg! Just read some other posts. Really? OP is an adult and didn’t ask you for financial advice. She asked for help finding a specific colored baby outfit for a color scheme she most likely didn’t pick herself and is doing it for the family photo so that her parents can enjoy it. Why all the judgment and criticism?

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 11:26 am

How would you know what Hashem appreciates???

Maybe he doesn't appreciate you judging OP?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics