Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
4 month old girl for wedding
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 2:34 pm
Would you do something from burberry? That has beige and black

monkeys

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 2:58 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
they also have it in gold (with a bonnet) if you wanted more gold than black, maybe get some sparkly trimming to jazz it up a bit

https://www.bonknit.com/collec.....-gold

This is so perfect! OP, I’m totally with you in dressing up a little princess!!!!!
There will always be people who judge and don’t understand. Don’t pay attention to them. That’s definitely something I’ve learnt over the past few years. I ignore judgmental comments. No one has a clue about what’s going on in my personal life and what is good for me and my family...

sub

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 3:15 pm
OP- I don’t like spending and I say go for it. Some of the links here showed beautiful things that weren’t so expensive. Also if your princess wears it for shabbos sheva brachos and other occasions that will come up- then for sure it’s worth it.
Have fun dressing her up and enjoy the simcha. You’re going to eretz yisroel, that is already wonderful and a simcha too-

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 12:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

And FF just because you started this and I dont feel comfortable pming you...I donated my weekly ‘Shabbos treat’ money to help you recently. And was so happy because bh that’s my priorities and that’s where my money goes first. When iyh one day I have more. I hope to give tzedaka and be able to get a mani or flowers as well and not feel bad about it!

First of all, thank you so much for your donation. It means a lot to me.

I was simply asking for someone to explain this to me, because I have never lived in circles where an infant gets a $200 outfit, and I was truly baffled. Most of the people I know might spend $200 on an evening gown, but that's it. Nobody I know ever spends that kind of money on a baby, ever. It's just so far outside of my reality I couldn't wrap my head around it.

(I bought my wedding dress at Goodwill, and had it tailored to fit. I also did all my own flowers. A friend donated the cake.)

Enjoy your simcha. I'm sure your baby will look adorable no matter what you put her in.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 6:10 pm
Hi. I'm a poster that struggles to put bread on my table. Tbh this thread does not in the slightest make me feel bad. I'm happy for op that she can do this for a simcha. If someone was paying for my expenses for a simcha then I'd definitely choose something adorable for my beloved daughter. Good for you op. Let us know what you choose. There are so many gorgeous ideas on here.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 7:28 pm
Do gold velour bloomers (with a huge bow on the tush, of course) and tight black underneath. And then accessorize with a gold headband.

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 8:35 pm
I'm totally middle class and am careful with my money and give lots of tzedaka.

I had a girl after a few boys and spent a fortune getting her a dress for her Kiddush.
After her whole outfit was put together it probably cost close to $100 for a few hours.

It was worth the money and I look back at the pictures we took before shabbos and enjoy them often.

It's a perfectly valid expense once in a while.

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 10:20 pm
Please make sure to protect her hearing.
Either buy baby banz earmuffs or botrow from a gemach. This is more important than her outfit.

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 10:52 pm
https://www.rufflesandbowties......asins

ra_mom

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 10:56 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
they also have it in gold (with a bonnet) if you wanted more gold than black, maybe get some sparkly trimming to jazz it up a bit

https://www.bonknit.com/collec.....-gold

This looks like something OP can enjoy. You wrote you wanted a knit. This would look so sweet on a tiny infant.
OP if you want it to have some black on it, have the dressmaker sew on some black pearls on the collar.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 11:59 pm
ra_mom wrote:
This looks like something OP can enjoy. You wrote you wanted a knit. This would look so sweet on a tiny infant.
OP if you want it to have some black on it, have the dressmaker sew on some black pearls on the collar.

Ordered it. Big boss likes it just like this bh!

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ordered it. Big boss likes it just like this bh!

I love it too. Enjoy and Mazal Tov.

dankbar

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 3:16 am
Yes perfect choice! It's fine, classy for an infant & up to date too. Not so enormously priced! Enjoy it! After all!

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 3:17 am
Pretty please post a picture of your little princess in it!!

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 3:19 am
So happy you found something you love for your little princess!!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics