Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Meat on stove help!

Maryann

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 10:57 am
I bought a pk of shabbos meat and silver tip shoulder roast, how do I make these on the stove top? Ty!

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 11:38 am
I don’t know what Shabbos meat is. But you can sautée about 6 onions diced and a head of garlic sliced. Season meat with salt, pepper and paprika (sometimes I smear some honey too) brown the meat in the pot of sautéed onion and garlic . Add enough water to come up to 1/3 of the roast. Cover and simmer and low flame for at least 3 hours until tender. Refrigerate roast overnight . Pour juice and onions and garlic into containers and refrigerate or freeze. Slice roast thinly the following morning . Freeze slices or warm up in a deep pan or pot with the juices and onion from the container you put aside. Keep pan/pot covered while on small flame and warming up.

mha3484

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 11:43 am
Silver tip is not for braising. You are meant it cook it at a high heat using a dry method. Its what they make roast beef from. The first time I bought that cut, I braised it on the stove and it came out awful.

Is the shabbos meat cut in cubes like stew meat? I use stew meat in all kinds of things like shredded beef tacos, korean beef, pull bbq beef sandwiches. Beef stew.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:13 pm
Follow thunderstorm's method for the shabbos stew meat.
And like mha3484 said, silver tip needs to be made rare because it's so lean, any other method makes it dry. You can sous vide it on the stovetop though.
https://www.kosher.com/lifesty.....f-240

Maryann

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 7:41 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Follow thunderstorm's method for the shabbos stew meat.
And like mha3484 said, silver tip needs to be made rare because it's so lean, any other method makes it dry. You can sous vide it on the stovetop though.
https://www.kosher.com/lifesty.....f-240

Thanks ra mom!
What does sous video Mean?
And what do you mean when u say on the stove top, the recipe in that link says the oven?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics