Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What’s in style now from head to toe?
Previous  1  2

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 11:47 am
Even if your oot you can follow the trends. The Jewish stores follow world trends.
Check out Zara and H&M
For wigs look on Instagram. Check out dini, Eva and Chloe, sary

angelgirl

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 1:04 pm
sidewalkchalk wrote:
Mishpacha magazine says stripes are in Smile

Haha yes but that was in the teen pages was it not?! Must be only for teens LOL

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 2:59 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Even if your oot you can follow the trends. The Jewish stores follow world trends.
Check out Zara and H&M
For wigs look on Instagram. Check out dini, Eva and Chloe, sary

But only European stores.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 3:27 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
But only European stores.
LOL
European stores often model in pearl studs
That’s why those models are still single. LOL LOL LOL

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 4:13 pm
dankbar wrote:
Classics are back. They are selling pleated skirts. Plaid scottish wrap around skirts for kids. Overalls. Also I see fancy stores selling for kids hi waisted tiered very puffy dresses for kids for weddings reminds me what my little sister wore while growing up in the 80-90's

Lol a young came into my shul this week wearing the exact white puffy-sleeve shirt that Jerry Seinfeld wore in that episode about the puffy shirt for the Tonight show!

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:16 pm
I just got together with friends and saw that one friend had her girls in matching dresses that I thought looked like suspenders with a skirt coming out and then a turtleneck underneath. It seemed pretty hideous to me, but this friend always dresses her kids stylishly. Sure enough, another friend showed up with her daughter dressed in the same style.

turca

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:42 pm
Ive seen a few people, different ages, wearing knit sweaters with matching knit skirts. Some ribbed, some not. I do like the look a lot.
Copper and rust colors are very in. I’ve got a rust winters top. My teenage neighbor got the same top. It looks better on me, I’m almost 40.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:01 pm
shades of browns and tans and greens like olive and hunter and forest. pinks and mauves and crushed and pleated velvet. lots of metallic especially gold. animal prints.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:50 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
shades of browns and tans and greens like olive and hunter and forest.

Basically My great grandmother’s kitchen colours! Tongue Out

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:57 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Shoes =Loafers are very in even for shabbos

I love that loafers are in style again! I had a very hard time for a few years when ballet flats were the only shoe to be found. Please, please show me a link for shabbos loafers. I’ve been searching for that and can’t find.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:40 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
I just got together with friends and saw that one friend had her girls in matching dresses that I thought looked like suspenders with a skirt coming out and then a turtleneck underneath. It seemed pretty hideous to me, but this friend always dresses her kids stylishly. Sure enough, another friend showed up with her daughter dressed in the same style.

Yup totally agree, suspender skirts are in and I also think theyre ugly. Its like the emperors new clothes. someone has to be the one to say it.

giselle

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 6:13 am
See everyone has diff taste. Not sure if I’m understanding what you’re describing but I love skirts with suspenders. Not a new look either.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 11:16 am
I have lived very Oot, and I know that feeling when you would love to update your wardrobe but it's so hard to know what is currently in style. I will try to give you a really detailed answer for women (not teens or kids, don't have time now), from head to toe:

Shaitels: slightly off center middle parts and very slight side parts are trending, dark rooting with dramatic blond highlights (for blond/brunettes) or ballyage (for brunettes/dark hair), flat tops with loose beach waves or sleek and straight hair, lace tops and fronts are the latest technology, but even without the shaitels are very flat and realistic in front with some baby hairs/fly-aways by the hairline. Side tucks, or a barrette on one side, is trendy. Flat front bangs, sometimes with slight middle separation are also trending. Band falls with wide headbands also very in style. *See Irene or Eva and Chloe Instagram for visuals of what I'm describing

Shabbos - dresses: lots of black being seen this year, lots of velvet, crepe, metallic accents, any LBD will look current. * See Mezzo Insta for inspiration. Skirts: accordian or thin pleats in midi length (can be dressy crepe, wool, plaid, etc), long chiffon with one tere and full on bottom, or midi hi-lows in crepe, satin, velvet, or wool (can be wrap hi-low as well) * See Cavalier insta for inspiration. Tops: boiled wool and velvet fitted blazers and jackets, early 1800s style silk or lace blouses and turtlenecks (ribbed or silk-knit) worn tucked into skirts listed above.

All outfits above are usually worn with black tights and black suede, very pointy toe heels, flats, or sling backs, or some outfits go better with pointy toe loafers *see shein.com or look at shoes on clothes models on Instagram

Weekday:. Two piece sets with long tunic style sweater over pencil skirt, can be ribbed or not, and long tunic wool sweater over pencil skirts. RIbbed tops tucked into midi skirts, turtlenecks tucked into midi skirts. Shark tooth or a-symetrical hemlines on tunic top over pencil skirts. A line below knee skirts with shorter pullover sweaters with interesting designs. * look at Instagram for store like Junee's, Gallery, Brooklyn Southwest, etc. All worn with loafers, mules (backless loafers) or flats, and thick tights.

Jewelry: hoop earrings, diamond studs, dangling earings, "door-knocker earings" coming back, thin chain chokers with tiny diamond stud or other small pendant, bangle or charm bracelets, link bracelets and necklaces with toggles coming back, diamond heart pendant necklaces, large bracelet watches with large faces and beautiful links from brands like Michelle, Kate Spade, and Movado, tri-color jewelry, like three band rings making comeback, now white gold, yellow gold, and rose gold are all being shown * look at Kayla Design Insta for visual

Happy shopping, I hope this helps you feel more pulled together and confident! Gut yomtov

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:07 pm
Another wine thanks so much!! Helpful for me too!
Can you post a link to these 2 piece weekday outfits your talking about? I can't find it but maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:36 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I have lived very Oot, and I know that feeling when you would love to update your wardrobe but it's so hard to know what is currently in style. I will try to give you a really detailed answer for women (not teens or kids, don't have time now), from head to toe:

Shaitels: slightly off center middle parts and very slight side parts are trending, dark rooting with dramatic blond highlights (for blond/brunettes) or ballyage (for brunettes/dark hair), flat tops with loose beach waves or sleek and straight hair, lace tops and fronts are the latest technology, but even without the shaitels are very flat and realistic in front with some baby hairs/fly-aways by the hairline. Side tucks, or a barrette on one side, is trendy. Flat front bangs, sometimes with slight middle separation are also trending. Band falls with wide headbands also very in style. *See Irene or Eva and Chloe Instagram for visuals of what I'm describing

Shabbos - dresses: lots of black being seen this year, lots of velvet, crepe, metallic accents, any LBD will look current. * See Mezzo Insta for inspiration. Skirts: accordian or thin pleats in midi length (can be dressy crepe, wool, plaid, etc), long chiffon with one tere and full on bottom, or midi hi-lows in crepe, satin, velvet, or wool (can be wrap hi-low as well) * See Cavalier insta for inspiration. Tops: boiled wool and velvet fitted blazers and jackets, early 1800s style silk or lace blouses and turtlenecks (ribbed or silk-knit) worn tucked into skirts listed above.

All outfits above are usually worn with black tights and black suede, very pointy toe heels, flats, or sling backs, or some outfits go better with pointy toe loafers *see shein.com or look at shoes on clothes models on Instagram

Weekday:. Two piece sets with long tunic style sweater over pencil skirt, can be ribbed or not, and long tunic wool sweater over pencil skirts. RIbbed tops tucked into midi skirts, turtlenecks tucked into midi skirts. Shark tooth or a-symetrical hemlines on tunic top over pencil skirts. A line below knee skirts with shorter pullover sweaters with interesting designs. * look at Instagram for store like Junee's, Gallery, Brooklyn Southwest, etc. All worn with loafers, mules (backless loafers) or flats, and thick tights.

Jewelry: hoop earrings, diamond studs, dangling earings, "door-knocker earings" coming back, thin chain chokers with tiny diamond stud or other small pendant, bangle or charm bracelets, link bracelets and necklaces with toggles coming back, diamond heart pendant necklaces, large bracelet watches with large faces and beautiful links from brands like Michelle, Kate Spade, and Movado, tri-color jewelry, like three band rings making comeback, now white gold, yellow gold, and rose gold are all being shown * look at Kayla Design Insta for visual

Happy shopping, I hope this helps you feel more pulled together and confident! Gut yomtov

So nice of you to take out the time to put this together in such detail!

pinkpeonies

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 2:28 pm
Blazers are in
Textured fabrics
Silky fabrics
Large cable knit is in (I KNOW! I couldn’t believe it either)
Midi skirts
Chunky shoes
Chunky sweaters
It’s the 90s, but not quite, because whatever you wear HAS to balance out (unless your a 00)
For example, if you wear a chunky sweater or a blazer, your skirt should be slimming, etc)
Head coverings: wigs with extremely natural fronts and wisps, but barely any angles or bangs
Scarves and pretieds are starting to take over chenille snoods

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 4:27 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Another wine thanks so much!! Helpful for me too!
Can you post a link to these 2 piece weekday outfits your talking about? I can't find it but maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing.

Yes please to links! Thanks!

karat

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 4:45 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I can’t believe nobody mentioned leopard print everything!!!

And corduroy.

amother
Crimson

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 4:47 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
The 90's styles are back.
Plaids
Vest's
Scrunchies
Turtlenecks
Midi skirts
Headwraps

Still haven’t found any non-mini plaid skirts for myself.
Anyone have any links to one?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics