Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Looking for resources

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 9:58 pm
Hi so ever since I was a girl I had trouble believing in the whole Jewish thing. But then I was still living at home soit was easier to just do what I was told on the outside and in my room I would do whatever whenever. I got married without a very strong belief in anything just because I put up a great front. Currently I am in a confused state and not sure where to go from here. So I guess I’m looking for people and or books to read to really understand and accept who I am and where I come from. Anyone went through something similar and knows who or where I cld turn to for help.
Thanks in advance

pinkpeonies

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 2:00 am
Rabbi Daniel mechanic is a GREAT resource!

Odelyah

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 3:39 am
Wow good for you-- it takes courage to be honest and face yourself, and seek clarity and answers.

I may have some ideas/suggestions but I'm curious if you went to seminary, and if so whether there were any teachers you connected with, or whether you ever had the opportunity to study basic Torah concepts of emunah.

You are welcome to PM me if you are comfortable doing that. I teach college students about fundamental Jewish ideas. With a bit more general information I can try to suggest some resources, books, etc. that can hopefully fit your needs best, b'ezH.

And I did go through something similar, but only through high school. I went to Israel to ask all my questions, expecting to not get any good answers. (I did, BH.)

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:50 pm
I love the book The Jewish Theory of everything by Max Anteby, also enjoyed Rejoice O Youth a bit. I read a book in the library about the Torah Code, how you can find historical facts hidden in the torah.

penguin

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 9:32 pm
A Gateways seminar?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics