Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Best way to keep black tights looking nice

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 6:39 pm
Without pimpling or getting white linty dots. What's the best way to launder them, from A to Z?

esther11

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 6:43 pm
I wash tights in a delicate cycle inside of a mesh bag and then hang to dry.

trixx

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 6:58 pm
Wash inside out, in a mesh bag, Hang to dry
Can't think of what else to do

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 7:11 pm
Wash in COLD water, on the most delicate cycle. Hang dry. Remember that no one sees the slight imperfections of your tights but you : )

zaq

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 7:19 pm
HAND wash in cold water and drip dry. If you’re in a rush, roll up in a towel and squeeze hard to extract more water.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 7:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Without pimpling or getting white linty dots. What's the best way to launder them, from A to Z?

If they're pimpling, then you need to find a new brand.

To keep them in good condition, wash separately on their own, in net bags, on the hand wash cycle, in cold water. Hang to dry.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sat, Oct 19 2019, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

lkwdlady

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 7:43 pm
If they are pimpling you are probably washing them with other items such as towels or sweatshirts.
Only wash with dark colors using cold water, gentle cycle.
If you don’t have a mesh bag for delicates, make a loose knot by the bottom of the legs so they don’t tangle and rip.
Don’t put them in the dryer.,, hang them to dry
I’m wearing my black tights from last winter and they are fine. I’ve laundered them quit a few times and they look good.

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 9:46 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
If they are pimpling you are probably washing them with other items such as towels or sweatshirts.
Only wash with dark colors using cold water, gentle cycle.
If you don’t have a mesh bag for delicates, make a loose knot by the bottom of the legs so they don’t tangle and rip.
Don’t put them in the dryer.,, hang them to dry
I’m wearing my black tights from last winter and they are fine. I’ve laundered them quit a few times and they look good.

This is a good point that few people know:. More important to wash like MATERIALS than like colors...so never put a delicate material like microfiber (what adult tights are made of) with things that are not delicate. Towels are their own wash, never together with clothes. Materials like khaki, denim, thick cotton twill, and sweatshirt material are only washed together in a casual cycle. Materials like Lycra, rayon, thin t-shirts, silk and silk-knit are only washed together in a delicate cycle. Whites are another load. If you mix materials, you will cause wear and tear on the fabric, like pilling.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry