Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Sterna Segal

HEviatar

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 7:38 pm
Does anyone know anything about her life? Beyond the obvious (the 6 children you learn about, her father, her family’s money enabling the alter Rebbe’s lifelong focus on learning). What is she reported to have been like? How did she approach motherhood? I can find nothing on this woman!

DrMom

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 12:59 pm
You obviously have internet... Why don't you type "Sterna Segal" into your favorite search engine?

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 1:35 pm
I also have wanted to know more about her, theres very little out there.

HEviatar

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 2:25 pm
DrMom wrote:
You obviously have internet... Why don't you type "Sterna Segal" into your favorite search engine?

Unsure why you are being rude. I made clear in my post what I do know about her, not to mention that I think contextually it is clear that I have attempted to garner more information about her with little success. Hence the forum post. If you have any insights about where I could find more information about her that doesn’t immediately come up with search engines or library catalogues, I would greatly appreciate you pointing me in their direction Smile

zaq

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 10:02 pm
HEviatar wrote:
Unsure why you are being rude. I made clear in my post what I do know about her, not to mention that I think contextually it is clear that I have attempted to garner more information about her with little success. Hence the forum post. If you have any insights about where I could find more information about her that doesn’t immediately come up with search engines or library catalogues, I would greatly appreciate you pointing me in their direction Smile

I don’t believe DrMom was being rude. Many, many questions posted here could have been answered faster and in more detail by doing a simple Google search, e.g. “What is fibromyalgia?” “How to remove bloodstains from silk?” “How far is Toms River from Borough Park?”

I myself wonder. If a woman is on imamother, she has internet access. So why not just Google? Obviously that won’t work for questions like “who has the best pizza in Monsey?” ( which is in any case a matter of opinion) but straight facts? Really.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:43 am
Sometimes I agree with you, but some filters can block a huge amount of information just because of one poor choice of word in the article.

In this case, I had never heard of the lady in question, so out of curiosity I tried googling the name in question, and came up with even less information than the OP had mentioned. Not everyone has a web site devoted to them.

I can't add anything to the answer, but in this case the question was very reasonable.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 5:16 am
I think DrMom was rude. From Heviatar's post it is obvious that she already knows quite a bit about Sterna Segal and would love to know more about her that isn't readily available on search engines, perhaps from people with family stories to share or anecdotes they've heard. But she's new so woe betide anyone says anything about a poster who's been here forever and hands out such wise titbits as use a search engine. Rolling Eyes

Goldie613

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 5:43 am
This article has a bit =

https://learntanya.wordpress.c.....ebbe/

And this one is about their daughter , if you're curious =

https://www.chabad.org/library.....2.htm

I wonder if you reach out to a Chabad office, if they could maybe direct you to some books about her?

Good luck!

DrMom

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 6:14 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I think DrMom was rude. From Heviatar's post it is obvious that she already knows quite a bit about Sterna Segal and would love to know more about her that isn't readily available on search engines, perhaps from people with family stories to share or anecdotes they've heard. But she's new so woe betide anyone says anything about a poster who's been here forever and hands out such wise titbits as use a search engine. Rolling Eyes

It's nice of you to share your opinion, but cowardly to do so anonymously.

FWIW, it's not obvious to me that OP used google; many many posters do not.

OP, since many of Sterna Segal's sons are also famous, why not go to a good research library and see if there are any biographies of her children? Any details of Sterna Segal's parenting techniques are likely to be gleaned from there.

Gulabi

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 6:27 am
Heviatar a lot of people have her as part of their family trees on Ancestry and similar sites. I don't know how useful that would be considering the vast number of descendants they have. Wishing you luck in your research!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics