Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DS pinworms

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:22 am
My son is 8 years old and keeps getting pinworms. Literally every 6 weeks or so he starts complaining about the itching. I give him pinex wash the linens change clothing for a week and he feels better. Then the cycle starts again. I’m going crazy how do we get rid of this and is it even safe to keep giving pinex? Yes we have seen the worms

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:27 am
Does he play in dirt a lot. Put his fingers in his mouth a lot. You must keep his nails super short and clean underneath. And no fingers in mouth. Also you’re supposed to do pin x once and then again two weeks later.

Having said that if he keeps getting worms after all this, you should try some natural remedies. Call a kosher health food store or look on amazon. They have a lot of natural remedies vitamins drops etc.
You can put garlic up there
Try googling

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:33 am
In the exact same boat with my kid. And the prescription meds didn't work either and cost a fortune. I am going absolutely crazy.

tweety1

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:38 am
My fav, I mentioned it a couple of times here already, pindrops from herbari, any health food store sells it. Just tried it on my baby abt a week ago, works wonders.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:42 am
He does not play in the dirt and we’re super clean his nails are short and he showers every night. I’ve done two weeks later too! Can it be he’s getting it from a friend? Just does not make sense to me where does it keep coming from?

flowerpower

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:50 am
Some kids are just prone to it.
Eating Pumpkin seeds daily can help prevent it.
Dairy/sugar can bring it on.
Candies especially winkies or kool aid are the worst!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics