Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Hoshana Rabba Seudah
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:23 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Stuffed cabbage?!?

Yes.

applesbananas

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:27 am
Yes. Litvish
Challah w honey
Soup w kreplach
Pepper steak n rice
Very excited love all those foods Smile also the last meal in our sukkah as per dh minhag

sky

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:40 am
Full seudah - yeshivish/yekki

(My parents minhag is kreplach, but not DH. So will prob skip because I don’t have boiled chicken already. )

I’ll prob end up serving Shabbos leftovers with one new dish. My family doesn’t mind and I’d rather not throw out the food.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:49 am
We eat challah/fish
And sometimes a soup or not..
And chicken or meat and a side or two...

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 1:02 am
Yes, we have challah with honey, soup with kreplach, a chicken main with 1 or 2 sides and salads. Litvish, yeshivishish.

pinkpeonies

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 1:47 am
I grew up with it (full meal, challah, honey, kreplach, stuffed cabbage, franks in blanks)
And my husbands family does it as well
My parents are regular litvish and my in-laws are heimish

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 8:06 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Yes.

Oh. Ok. Never heard of that, but like Magenta says, no one hears of everything.... Stuffed cabbage in my circles is for Simchas Torah and Purim.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 8:11 am
Grew up with it.
Washing on hot dog buns and having hotdogs and fried kreplach for the seuda.
Transferred the minhag to my home bc DH grew up without many minhagim.
Today washed on pita and ate grilled chicken, orzo, salad and fried kreplach

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 8:21 am
Whoever is in the mood eats shabbos leftovers. Whoever is not eats something else. Personally, im.anout all fooded out by the time HR comes around.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 8:34 am
ashkenaz nothing special

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 8:44 am
My husband wants a Seudah at night before going to Shul 9:30 and during the day when he comes home from davening 11:30
But me and the kids Didn’t want more fish and chicken soup and had pizza last night
Not sure yet if the kids will have Chala and fish this morning but they surely won’t want to have chicken soup. I am offering them a pareve veg soup. I know I’m supposed to serve kreplach but I forgot to save some from erev Yom Kippur and forgot to make or buy some

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 9:38 am
Never had growing up. My dh would not want one at all. Enough with all the food!!! We don't eat that much if it's not a seuda.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 9:42 am
We make a seuda! Typical fam from brooklyn.
We invited someone for the seuda today, and he was like "huh? A seuda?" LOL

cnc

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 9:44 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Stuffed cabbage?!?

My family and my husband’s family also serve stuffed cabbage at the seuda.

BetsyTacy

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 10:20 am
Stuffed cabbage, like kreplach are both "covered foods", rachamim covering the din.

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 2:28 pm
We do, but nobody can stand to eat much at this point. We washed and had kreplach (sauteed with onions, no soup this year) and a little leftover from shabbos chicken. I usually do more, but really everyone is so sick of eating already.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Oct 21 2019, 2:49 pm
My JPF parents have challah and honey and soup with kreplach.

My in-laws have chassidishe minhagim and they do the same but also have chicken and side dishes.

We do challah and honey and soup with (bought) kreplach because I don't have time to cook more than that.

We eat stuffed cabbage on simchas torah.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 2:52 am
Never had one growing up (DL of Litvak descent) but it is pretty common in my circle of Israeli DL who are mostly of Chassidish descent or influence or Sfardim. In my DH's this is a really big deal. A seuda with honey and kreplach and a full meal. In our family now, we make a seuda with honey usually it's just Shabbat food no kreplach. It's great to feed the kids towards the end if the day on erev YT so no one is starving during long hakafot in shul (yes only applicable here in Israel).
I like the minhag.

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 1:56 pm
I don’t remember any growing up. Since I’m married I try to do kreplach every year with fresh (parbaked) baguettes and chicken soup. One year we did a breakfast seudah with a neighbor and had eggs and challah and Reese’s peanut butter cups instead of kreplach because the peanut butter is “hidden.” It was so much fun. Anyway this year I am in a bad mood and my family didn’t want to be fleishig early in the day so I will serve some chicken soup and kreplach right before Yom Tov but no bread.

Super jealous of you guys in Israel with regard to one day of Yom Tov. Hopefully one day I will live in Israel and be able to have this.

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 2:39 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Oh. Ok. Never heard of that, but like Magenta says, no one hears of everything.... Stuffed cabbage in my circles is for Simchas Torah and Purim.

In my family, we always have stuffed cabbage twice a year: hoshana raba and purim.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics