Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Where to eat Downtown Chicago

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 5:46 pm
Headed to a conference in Mcormick Place soon.... any kosher food nearby?

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 9:18 pm
There’s Milts bbq for the perplexed which is near downtown. There’s a kosher lunch place as well but I forgot what it’s called.

Fox

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 11:05 pm
There aren't a lot of kosher options in the Loop (the downtown area) or the South Loop (where McCormick Place is located).

Depending on your schedule, your best bet will be to bring your own breakfast supplies and order lunch from Bebe's Kosher Deli through DoorDash. Bebe's Kosher Deli isn't far as the crow flies, but you'd have to cross the entire business district -- the taxi or Uber ride would end up costing as much as lunch. It's located in a complex of stores and restaurants aimed at commuters coming to or from the nearby train station, so while the food is good, the place itself has a bit of a kiosk feel to it.

Milt's BBQ is located in the Lakeview neighborhood -- a 15-20 minute ride away from McCormick Place depending on traffic. It has a Sports Bar feel and reminds me a bit of Dougie's. If you have a rental car, you might as well continue on to West Rogers Park or Skokie, where most of the restaurants are located.

Since I assume you'll be working all day -- McCormick Place isn't normally a vacation spot -- you may not feel like chasing all over for dinner. Call any of the restaurants in West Rogers Park or Skokie ahead of time and ask about deliveries to the McCormick Place vicinity. The more upscale ones, especially, get inquiries like this regularly and will often arrange delivery if there is minimum order or you're willing to be flexible about when the food arrives.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics