Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help a nursing mama lose weight

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 4:23 pm
How can I lose weight while full time nursing my 4 month old? I'm always starving at night and end up eating more than I ate all day.
What's a good diet for a nursing mother? I gained over yontif and want to lose that plus baby weight...
Thanks.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 5:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How can I lose weight while full time nursing my 4 month old? I'm always starving at night and end up eating more than I ate all day.
What's a good diet for a nursing mother? I gained over yontif and want to lose that plus baby weight...
Thanks.

Same boat. Starting a nutritionist tomorrow iyh! Wondering if not eating after 7 will effect my milk supply

teachkids

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 6:49 pm
I found I just couldn't lose weight while nursing but the pounds started melting off without changing anything once I weaned

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 6:58 pm
teachkids wrote:
I found I just couldn't lose weight while nursing but the pounds started melting off without changing anything once I weaned
Same here!!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 7:04 pm
I’m in the same boat and generally have a hard time losing while nursing
I do want to try to lose a few pounds now to Chanukah though
We can journey this together Smile

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 8:59 pm
I also cannot lose weight while nursing no matter what I do. Make a normal effort to eat healthy. If the pounds come off that way, great, if not, hold off on weight loss till after you wean (just be careful not to gain).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 11:56 pm
I always thought that I can't lose weight while nursing because of the mini pill or nuvaring. This time I have a copper IUD so I really want to try.
Any daily food intake suggestions?

taby

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 5:32 am
I also really want to lose weight I feel so big after yom tov and really want to feel good and look good(obviously). I’m nursing a 7 month baby and have a copper iud so feel that I’m ready to go for it!
I’m looking for a plan that is simple to follow I don’t do well with weighing food etc..
Any ideas? Also I do get hungry pretty often so not sure if should do 3 proper meals or more smaller ones.
Also any good healthy recipes I can make?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 1:18 pm
No one has any advice?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 2:00 pm
OP, night is the WORST time to eat. Do you have any idea how many calories you are eating in a day? Do you eat healthy and balanced? It could be that you are not eating enough, or not getting the needed nutrients, which is why you end up starving and eating a lot at night. It would be better to eat more in the morning and afternoon.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 4:06 pm
Just stay off of flour and sugar...this is what I am doing for the last 5 plus years bh and keeping it off..lost 50 pounds, the easiest way to go about it is by joining a support group, but it depends how desperate and determined you r
hatzlacha

gold21

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 4:13 pm
Weight loss is super hard for me when I'm nursing

I only nurse for 6-7 months- I just don't love nursing enough to continue beyond that point

Once I wean, it's like my metabolism snaps back into normalcy, and things get a lot easier in terms of weight maintenance

Also I'm basically always hungry when I'm nursing

So that doesn't help the goal of weight loss

Once I wean, my appetite shrinks a ton

I don't have a big appetite at all except when pregnant/nursing

kugelzlady

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 4:18 pm
Try drinking more? You might be feeling hungry when you’re really just thirsty.

thegiver

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 8:19 pm
Snack on veggies. Prep them in advance. Eat every 3 hours. Not more than that. Drink inbtwn. If u r still hungry after one serving allow yourself unlimited veggies to fill up. Sip hot water after.eachmeal. Esp shabbos. One or two thin slices of challah only each meal. Don't grazd btwn courses. Pour everything you would expect to eat (mult servings in front of you and see if you rly think it's too much allow your mind to decide beforehand. Write it down. Be accountable to yourself. Don't fat talk. Exercise 30 minutes a day with your heart pumping fast. Hatzlocho!!

thegiver

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 8:42 pm
Get adequate sleep Wink

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 1:40 pm
I have a 8 month old baby and I almost didn't lose ANY of my pregnancy weight.
I eat very regularly/healthy
ANY TIPS/ADVICE??????
I am going crazy.
It's so annoying.

thanks

miracle

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 3:59 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I have a 8 month old baby and I almost didn't lose ANY of my pregnancy weight.
I eat very regularly/healthy
ANY TIPS/ADVICE??????
I am going crazy.
It's so annoying.

thanks

Hi
I can understand your frustration, and probably after Pesach and being home through COVID-19 is not helping to get to your ideal weight
Are you still feeding your baby these days?
Are you drinking enough?
Is your sleep good?
As you probably know there are other aspects to losing weight than just eating healthy. I call it the food that is not on your plate
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise