Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Vacuum or sweep?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 1:36 pm
I prefer my floors get swept. I can't stand the noise of the vacuum running. I feel it kicks up dust.

DH and the cleaning lady prefer the vacuum.

What's your preference? And why?

studying_torah

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 1:37 pm
Sweeping; the vacuum left grooves on my hardwood floors 😢

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 1:43 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Sweeping; the vacuum left grooves on my hardwood floors 😢

I have tile and pressure treated wood. The floors are safe. I will check out vcd the base boards.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 2:01 pm
I hate the noise of a vacuum, and don't see a point to it with hardwood floors. Sweeping is good enough for me. But I am thinking of getting a rhomba, or other cleaning robot, because neither DH or I is very good at sweeping, and a robot is super cheap compared to a cleaning lady!

mum22

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 2:07 pm
Hoovering
Sweeping kicks up a certain amount of dust that will resettle.
I imagine hoovering eats up all the dust... but that’s just my imagination working to make the drudge more interesting.
I also don’t like picking up the dust, where do you deposit it- in the garbage? Yuck, and cleaning the broom n pan... not worth it.

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 2:19 pm
Hardwood floors throughout, linoleum
Tile kitchen, ceramic tile bathroom. Sweeping midweek because it’s easy. Vacuum before Shabbos because it does a better job, whether or not the surface will be mopped.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 2:31 pm
Sweep. Who like to shlep the vacuum out of it’s not necessary?

soap suds

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 2:43 pm
mum22 wrote:
Hoovering
Sweeping kicks up a certain amount of dust that will resettle.
I imagine hoovering eats up all the dust... but that’s just my imagination working to make the drudge more interesting.
I also don’t like picking up the dust, where do you deposit it- in the garbage? Yuck, and cleaning the broom n pan... not worth it.

What's yuck about putting dirt in the garbage? I hope you don't rinse off each item before disposing of it. Very Happy
No need to clean broom and pan either. Just like you don't clean the soles of your shoes. (at least I hope you don't)

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 3:31 pm
I am surprised to see that people still use a broom. Seems strange to me, so many people are freaked about hygiene and germs and vacuum is more hygienic than sweeping. What about carpets, you must have a vacuum cleaner for that.
People don't do dishes because they have dish washers but they can't be bothered to vacuum and instead use a broom. Makes no sense to me.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 4:11 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I am surprised to see that people still use a broom. Seems strange to me, so many people are freaked about hygiene and germs and vacuum is more hygienic than sweeping. What about carpets, you must have a vacuum cleaner for that.
People don't do dishes because they have dish washers but they can't be bothered to vacuum and instead use a broom. Makes no sense to me.

I don't have any carpets.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics