Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking to move to Flatbush-is this possible?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 7:18 pm
Where are Eichenstein and Rokeach Shuls located?
Thanks

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 7:41 pm
Cheiny wrote:
The 20’s and teens are way out of her price range. I agree only Marine Pk/the 30’s would be affordable for her.

OP would still have to put in money if she found a $700k home.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 9:50 pm
ra_mom wrote:

I just bought a house in the high 20s for 800 and it needed a new kitchen. I looked everywhere in Flatbush until p and 37. There are definitely houses to be had for high 600 - 800. It really depends on location and the attached/not attached driveway situation. I almost bought 2 in marine park in the low 700s. One was mostly move in condition with a rentalable (legal) basement, the other needed a kitchen.

Go on Zillow to see what's for sale and what they're asking. Not every block is Jewish but if something looks interesting, walk up and down the block and count mezzuahs. Ring someomes bell and ask them questions about the block. I'd actually tell you to drive around marine park now and new years time because you can see how many not Jewish decorated houses there are on a random block. Aslo on chanukah for the same reason.

If you find a real estate agent that you like who knows the neighborhood, they'll know which blocks are Jewish and which not (it actually has to do with the way the houses are laid out. Some blocks are just not conducive to Jewish life so they skip them and go 2 blocks further)

amother
White

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 10:08 pm
Are you looking for a house without a mortgage? or are you putting down the 700k and taking out a mortgage? We live in the 20's and there a few shtreimlech in our shul and the women don't dress chassidish.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 10:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:

What does it mean, would have to put in money. I understand wanting to fix up an old home but why the need?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 10:41 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Are you looking for a house without a mortgage? or are you putting down the 700k and taking out a mortgage? We live in the 20's and there a few shtreimlech in our shul and the women don't dress chassidish.

If necessary, I would consider up to a 100k mortgage.
Where does Marine Park begin?
Is 20’s considered Midwood or Marine Park?
Please excuse the ignorance.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 10:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks

Kehal Tiferes Avrohom Ziditshov - Eichenstein
4017 ave p

Bais Mordechai D’Bertch- Rokeach
3302 Ave P

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 10:45 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I just bought a house in the high 20s for 800 and it needed a new kitchen. I looked everywhere in Flatbush until p and 37. There are definitely houses to be had for high 600 - 800. It really depends on location and the attached/not attached driveway situation. I almost bought 2 in marine park in the low 700s. One was mostly move in condition with a rentalable (legal) basement, the other needed a kitchen.

Go on Zillow to see what's for sale and what they're asking. Not every block is Jewish but if something looks interesting, walk up and down the block and count mezzuahs. Ring someomes bell and ask them questions about the block. I'd actually tell you to drive around marine park now and new years time because you can see how many not Jewish decorated houses there are on a random block. Aslo on chanukah for the same reason.

If you find a real estate agent that you like who knows the neighborhood, they'll know which blocks are Jewish and which not (it actually has to do with the way the houses are laid out. Some blocks are just not conducive to Jewish life so they skip them and go 2 blocks further)

Thanks.
I will do take your advice.
Does anyone know of a good realtor who’s knowledgeable and honest?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 10:45 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Kehal Tiferes Avrohom Ziditshov - Eichenstein
4017 ave p

Bais Mordechai D’Bertch- Rokeach
3302 Ave P

Thanks

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 10:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks.
I will do take your advice.
Does anyone know of a good realtor who’s knowledgeable and honest?

Hindy zand. She doesn't waste your time

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 11:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't know.
Maybe in a shul that's heimish-leaning.
It doesn't have to be chasidish.

Marine park

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 11:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks

Rokeachis 33 and P. That’s where we Daven. Very warm place.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 11:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If necessary, I would consider up to a 100k mortgage.
Where does Marine Park begin?
Is 20’s considered Midwood or Marine Park?
Please excuse the ignorance.

20s is midwiod. Marine park is past kings hwy till Flatbush

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 11:30 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
20s is midwiod. Marine park is past kings hwy till Flatbush

Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 11:32 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Hindy zand. She doesn't waste your time

Thanks
I will call her tomorrow IYH.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 12:20 am
Call karen behfar realty. I lived in marine park for many years. She knows the neighborhood cold. Honest. Reliable. She sold 6 houses on my block. Her signs are everywhere. And no, I don't work for her. Total mentch. Really. She sold my house too.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:10 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Call karen behfar realty. I lived in marine park for many years. She knows the neighborhood cold. Honest. Reliable. She sold 6 houses on my block. Her signs are everywhere. And no, I don't work for her. Total mentch. Really. She sold my house too.

Thanks
Are there people in Marine Park that are in my age range? (Mid 40’s with mostly young adults/teens).
Or is it mostly young families?
Were you happy in the neighborhood?
Did you move out because you were unhappy there?
Thanks

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:47 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:

Second this. Their signs are all over and their reputation is top notch for integrity and achievement.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 9:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks
Are there people in Marine Park that are in my age range? (Mid 40’s with mostly young adults/teens).
Or is it mostly young families?
Were you happy in the neighborhood?
Did you move out because you were unhappy there?
Thanks

There is definitely people here in that age range . I think there’s more people in that age range than those in their 20s since it’s harder for the younger families to afford it . It’s mostly people that bought 10-15 years ago when it was more affordable and now they have teenage kids .
I’m here now and am happy living here .

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 10:45 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
There is definitely people here in that age range . I think there’s more people in that age range than those in their 20s since it’s harder for the younger families to afford it . It’s mostly people that bought 10-15 years ago when it was more affordable and now they have teenage kids .
I’m here now and am happy living here .

Thanks
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating