Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Toronto Recs Wanted

brat_islava

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 11:53 am
We will be travelling to Toronto soon and will be there for 3 full days over Shabbos (Thur night - Sun). It will just be the 2 off us and the little ones cannot make this trip quite yet and we will be busy with things not so interesting for them.
Are there any fully kosher hotels or even better AirB&B spots close to a Chasidish Miniyan and at the same time not too far from downtown/city center?

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 6:21 pm
There are no kosher hotels in Toronto

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 6:34 pm
Don’t know anything about lodging, but I hear they have the a beautiful zoo, and a great science museum.

Gerbera

Post Tue, Oct 22 2019, 8:31 pm
Definitely no kosher hotels. You won't find a Chassidish minyan in the downtown area. Toronto is huge and the Jewish community is spread out covering a huge distance. You need to pick an area and then look for AirBnB lodging. I'm in Thornhill, which is probably not where you want to be as it's not close to downtown at all - that being said my husband works downtown and it's an easy trip and not too long door to door. There is a frum family here with an Air BnB listing for their basement in Thornhill. I don't know anything in the area further south....maybe someone else will comment

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 7:14 am
Not sure what kind of Chasidish you're looking for but there is a Bobov shul near Bathurst and Wilson

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 7:59 am
The Chassidish Community is quite small, there is only Bobov
There is a holiday inn on Dufferin that lots of people stay but not Kosher.
There are Kosher Restaraunts- Milk nhoney, Chicken Nest- fleishig, Tovli takeout- they deliver. They should all have websites, you could order online.

Hatzlacha

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 8:38 am
some useful info here. https://jewishdt.com/

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 10:23 pm
Is there a Starbucks that offers CY milk?

brat_islava

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:36 am
thanks all, I will do some more research
I will add to this thread to avoid opening a new one.
Can someone answer same questions as originally for Montreal please?
We will be heading there following Toronto.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:53 am
Bathurst and Lawrence a large frum community very close to downtown (it’s 5 min drive further down from Bobov but there are a couple of nice chassidishe shules few blocks of each other in this area) it’s mostly a big mix of litvishe yeshivish and chassidish that daven together. Many kosher restaurants and Jewish stores surround this location

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:47 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Bathurst and Lawrence a large frum community very close to downtown (it’s 5 min drive further down from Bobov but there are a couple of nice chassidishe shules few blocks of each other in this area) it’s mostly a big mix of litvishe yeshivish and chassidish that daven together. Many kosher restaurants and Jewish stores surround this location

Bathurst and Lawrence is not "very close to downtown".

Gerbera

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 10:33 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Is there a Starbucks that offers CY milk?

Yes.

Gerbera

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 10:35 am
brat_islava wrote:
thanks all, I will do some more research
I will add to this thread to avoid opening a new one.
Can someone answer same questions as originally for Montreal please?
We will be heading there following Toronto.

Yes, there is a kosher hotel in Montreal. Accommodations include buffet breakfast. I would definitely NOT eat in the meat restaurant in the hotel. Next door to the hotel is a dairy kosher restaurant - Pizza Pita. You can get salads, sushi, pizza, sandwiches etc. Hotel is the Ramada on Decarie.

brat_islava

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 11:36 am
Gerbera wrote:
Yes, there is a kosher hotel in Montreal. Accommodations include buffet breakfast. I would definitely NOT eat in the meat restaurant in the hotel. Next door to the hotel is a dairy kosher restaurant - Pizza Pita. You can get salads, sushi, pizza, sandwiches etc. Hotel is the Ramada on Decarie.

Thank you
Not so great reviews
Is the a big frum community and what area is it concentrated in, are there frum airb&b rentals available?

Choirmistress

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 7:34 am
Toronto is huge. The Jewish community can be described as spread out into separate "enclaves" more than an hour's walk from each other. From south to north they are:
Downtown (along Bathurst or Spadina; the "old" Jewish Toronto; think "Kensington Market");
Bathurst and Eglinton;
Bathurst and Lawrence;
Bathurst and Wilson (just a few hundred feet north of Bobov or the Agudah);
Bathurst and Sheppard or west to Faywood/Wilmington (Bathurst Manor area);
Bathurst and Finch (more sparsely than most of the others); and
Bathurst and Steeles or even farther north (Toronto's northern limit; our "North Pole").
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics