Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Book about hospital stays

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 2:18 pm
Please can you advise of a good book that will help prepare a 7 year old for a hospital stay and procedure? Extremely scared of needles etc...

mommyfish

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 2:20 pm
When my daughter had a procedure I made my own book for her. Wrote up the story and printed pictures. I did this because I found the “going to the hospital” books a little vague and I wanted to prepare her more. You can even have your DC color in the pictures and make it fun!

SingALong

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 4:09 pm
I have “do I have to go to the hospital?” But forgot writer. Was very concrete and kid friendly

SingALong

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 4:10 pm
Just googled it. By pat thomas.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 5:28 pm
http://www.childrenshospital.o.....books

https://my.clevelandclinic.org.....e.pdf

There are more of these pdf books Available online- you can find one that is most applicable.
Personally- we have a little critter hospital book and another one with a turtle that broke his shell- but those are more applicable for orthopedic stuff & doesn’t address the needle parts. Though the turtle one does talk about being brave.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics