Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries
Esrog jelly

EPL

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 5:34 pm
Can anyone tell me how to make Esrog jelly?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 5:41 pm
It’s not advised using etrog used for ritual. Way too much pesticide to make them pretty

EPL

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 5:51 pm
andrea levy wrote:
It’s not advised using etrog used for ritual. Way too much pesticide to make them pretty

What if I peel it and only use the inside? I always heard it's a segula with health benefits.

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:13 pm
Not recommended. They’re not grown for human consumption so pesticide standards for food crops don’t apply. Because the looks are so important, esrogim are VERY heavily treated. Pesticide residue is not just on the surface. Plants absorb pesticides through the skin and from soil and water, too, and that permeates the fruit and can’t be washed or peeled away. Any attributed health benefits are canceled out by the negative influence of the pesticides.

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:16 pm
A lot of people have a minhag to make jelly from the esrog, so they shouldn't be allowed to sell non food grade esrogim without a warning.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:21 pm
EPL wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to make Esrog jelly?

Recipe linked.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....esrog
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries