Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Nervous already and
Previous  1  2

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 7:01 am
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]I don’t even have a kid in school yet. I can’t get it off my mind lol
Basically my husband and I are geirim and chasidish and BH we have a beautiful baby boy.
Just nervous about how the teachers, or the kids will treat us and our child because we were once non jews. Will my kid be teased mercilessly? Do schools accept children of geirim? What about those who don’t know Yiddish? We speak English at home and my husband knows Yiddish so our kid will understand some of it I guess. I think my husband will help our son and then our future children with lashon kodesh and all these things while I’ll help with English, writing, and reading.
I still listen to secular music and watch an occasional movie and yes have an unfiltered phone. (One day I’ll filter it. Just not ready to yet I guess.) so I’m wondering if that would affect anything. I know that these things are not allowed but I listen and watch alone.

Just nervous about that or maybe I’m just a huge mama bear that wants to protect her kid way too much or maybe just really overthinking

Thanks.

Please don’t attack me for worrying for my kids future.[/quote

I totally hear your concern, but the bolded information makes me wonder why you would even try to to send to a chassidish school?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 11:29 am
Op here
Thank you all for the responses

Watergirl yes I’m that poster

My husband said the man decided the yiddishkeit of the home
He said it’s weird to be chasidish and not send kids to a chasidish school.
Im at a big loss here and dunno what to do other than research research research.

flmommy

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 11:54 am
Send to a Chabad school and you won’t have to pretend to be anything you aren’t and will feel comfortable as will your kids.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 11:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Op here
Thank you all for the responses

Watergirl yes I’m that poster

My husband said the man decided the yiddishkeit of the home
He said it’s weird to be chasidish and not send kids to a chasidish school.
Im at a big loss here and dunno what to do other than research research research.

I think your husband is wrong.
Both parents should come to an agreement on the hashkafas of the home, including the schools to send the children to.
Please consider speaking to a Rav who can mediate and help you make decisions that are best for your family.

Regarding the bolded, since you have an uncommon dynamic for a chasidish family, it would not be weird at all, and sending your children to a chasidish school may not be the best decision for the well-being of your children.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 11:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
...My husband said the man decided the yiddishkeit of the home
He said it’s weird to be chasidish and not send kids to a chasidish school...

And it's cruel to intentionally put your child into a situation where he will be an outcast.

If you belong to a particular Chassidus, speak to your rebbe. If not, Breslov, Bostoner, and Chabad all get a lot of people from diverse backgrounds, and a school run by Chassidim from one of those groups sounds like a better fit for you. Or look at moving OOT — people are much more accepting away from New York.

sequoia

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 12:04 pm
Actually, in a healthy marriage spouses decide on important questions together.

mha3484

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 12:11 pm
I think moving out of town will solve some of your issues but not all. I live in Chicago. We have a chassidishe cheder, shuls, kollels, mikvaos and a small but very warm community of FFBs, BTs and geirim who have all been drawn to chassidus. You would find a lot of nice friendly people here who are similar to you but the school rules are pretty rigid. I dont send my boys there so I cant tell you how they are followed but it may be something for you to look into.

chayamiriam

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 1:31 pm
Its horrible to send to a school where the child will feel like an outcast and will have a hard time making friends. Your so smart to think of these things now please think about it who cares if it's weird sending to a non chadsidish school it has to be good for your child. You and your husband have to make a decision based on what's good for your son if you don't agree please go to a ruv as many people told you ask around do research and Hasem should help you and be with you in making this important decision in the life and happiness of your child!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics