Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What would you get ? married over 10 years

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 5:54 pm
When I got married I got a plain wedding band and a solitaire engagement ring which I wore at all times. Since then I have lost my wedding band and my engagement ring has gotten too small.

I have received another solitaire ring since then, that fits me, and now I was planning to have my dh get me a replacement wedding band to wear with it.

I actually wanted another plain band, but sometimes I am thinking maybe I should not? I felt like I need to own a plain band but maybe it is not necessary as long as I had one at my wedding?

I live OOT in a moderately fancy community and the society at large in my country is pretty laid back. People rarely wear wedding sets with a lot of diamonds, most people wear plain wedding bands or bands with small diamonds.

ATM we also have enough money to get a brand name wedding ring or something with diamonds but small (I have enough stuff in this category).

The reason why I am hesitating is that I recently visited another bigger community and many ladies my age did not wear their wedding bands anymore but rather eternity bands. Is there such a trend going on?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 7:12 pm
Wear what you want not trends.
I got married a few years ago with a solid gold band, the wrong color gold than I wanted (order mixup) and a solitaire ring(there wasn't time to get what I wanted) . I bought my own setting (halo with pave sides) and my own matching band (very thin pave) and wear them happily. I even ditched the solid band I got under the chuppah. No one noticed, mil was actually thrilled, dh happy if I'm happy, and no one cared. I could have gone bigger and splashier while I was at it. But I'm the one who has to look at my hand the whole day.

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 7:46 pm
I don't wear my wedding band. It gets in the way during the week. I wear my anniversary band only when I wear yellow gold jewelry.

pinkpeonies

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 7:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When I got married I got a plain wedding band and a solitaire engagement ring which I wore at all times. Since then I have lost my wedding band and my engagement ring has gotten too small.

I have received another solitaire ring since then, that fits me, and now I was planning to have my dh get me a replacement wedding band to wear with it.

I actually wanted another plain band, but sometimes I am thinking maybe I should not? I felt like I need to own a plain band but maybe it is not necessary as long as I had one at my wedding?

I live OOT in a moderately fancy community and the society at large in my country is pretty laid back. People rarely wear wedding sets with a lot of diamonds, most people wear plain wedding bands or bands with small diamonds.

ATM we also have enough money to get a brand name wedding ring or something with diamonds but small (I have enough stuff in this category).

The reason why I am hesitating is that I recently visited another bigger community and many ladies my age did not wear their wedding bands anymore but rather eternity bands. Is there such a trend going on?

Most people around here wear eternity bands on the other hand and a small diamond covered wedding band. As in the eternity band is a separate ring, not in place of a wedding band

strawberry cola

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 9:50 pm
you can get your engagement ring enlarged by a jeweler

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 10:19 pm
chayamo wrote:
Most people around here wear eternity bands on the other hand and a small diamond covered wedding band. As in the eternity band is a separate ring, not in place of a wedding band

To work I wear my gold wedding band (no engagement ring- I work in a poor area)
To non-work, I wear my engagement ring with my eternity band-same hand, and my grandmother's cocktail ring on the other hand.

I feel like most of my friends do the same -eternity band with engagement ring. Unless of-course, they have a 4+ carat or interesting band.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics