Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Can someone help me find something on Aliexpress? I'm lost:(
Previous  1  2

groisamomma

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:34 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
In addition to instagram Drama has a website. It is still much better to go to her physical store and try on. I was v successful for my daughter there, she is roughly the same age as your daughter. It was a wonderful experience to walk into a store and have every single thing fit her. Was worth a trip just for that!
Shein's stuff was enormously oversized and tent-like. Literally not one item we ordered was good. (And having a major issue returning it, but thats another story...)

I was afraid of the hassle of returns at shein. I did buy her nightgowns there but the fit was exactly as you described and they wouldn't take them back. If D-Rama has reasonable prices then I'd make a trip in. It costs me appx. $40 to Brooklyn and back but I'd love to see her have more than 1 choice in a store!

CNBC, thanks for doing the legwork for me, I'll check out the website later today. I really appreciate it!

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:51 am
Going out on a limb here, but going to recommend the shopping channels - QVC, HSN, etc. They all have clothing up to 4X, sometimes up to 5X and the stuff fits beautifully and wears extremely well. Returns are fairly easy with them too.

While I'm "only" a size 12, in the regular stores I got so frustrated because I also have a weird body type (big on top, but wide hips and narrow waist) and clothes were either too small or too big or didn't look good. If I did find something, I would buy it in all the colors. Here, they also have both tzniut and trendy stuff.

I would also do decently in places like Lord and Taylor, Ann Klein, and Macy's as a teen. In Brooklyn, Talking Fashion can be expensive but their stuff is also beautiful and wears well.

G'luck OP!

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:56 am
groisamomma wrote:
I was afraid of the hassle of returns at shein. I did buy her nightgowns there but the fit was exactly as you described and they wouldn't take them back. If D-Rama has reasonable prices then I'd make a trip in. It costs me appx. $40 to Brooklyn and back but I'd love to see her have more than 1 choice in a store!

CNBC, thanks for doing the legwork for me, I'll check out the website later today. I really appreciate it!

The dresses at D_rama ranged from abt $80-$100 generally. (Couple of things were $118 for an outfit)
ETA I would not reccomend a plus size girl step foot into Talking Fashion.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 10:36 pm
Thank you everyone for the help!

It looks like we'll make the trip to Flatbush. I also saw some tops on Modcloth that I liked.

Does anyone know if Mrs. K in Boro Park has plus sizes? Are the prices reasonable?

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 10:37 pm
Talking about AliExpress
A/o else having problems order not going through~connection on that web?

Sebastian

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 10:43 pm
Mrs k is super expensive

groisamomma

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 10:44 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Mrs k is super expensive

In what range?

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 10:55 pm
groisamomma wrote:
In what range?

Same as all the other Flatbush/BP stores. A lot.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics