Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
S/O help with my 3.5 yo toilet training

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 1:35 am
I've been trying to toilet train my 3.5 yo since erev sukkos so it's been 2 weeks...

He didn't have any internal motivation. He has no desire to be a big boy (he's the oldest and has a little brother - 2yo). He still uses pacifiers and sleeps in a crib (converted to a toddler bed) with no desire to move to a big boy bed. He always tells me he's a little baby.

On erev sukkos, I took off his diaper for 2 days. Then I put him in underwear since, except for naps and nighttime (per doctor's instructions).

Since the day I put him in underwear, he's had 2-3 accidents per day, 1 pee and 1 poop, and doesn't seem to be bothered by it.

Every day, he asks me to wear his diapers. I bribe him and cajole him into underwear. When he has an accident, he tells me he wanted to make in his underwear.

I did try to train him a week before age 3, and once in the summer, with no success. I decided to give it more time. Now he's 3.5 and still seems so uninterested, and I'm feeling so overwhelmed and frustrated.

I don't know if I should give up and try again in a few months when he's almost 4.

Advice?

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 1:51 am
You know the answer stop and try again when he’s ready.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 3:56 am
Stay at home for four days. No diapers, no underwear and just see if it happens. If it doesn't then forget it.
I know easier said than done. But with some kids there's no other way.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 4:01 am
How is he in school? Does the morah at gan change him?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:38 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
How is he in school? Does the morah at gan change him?

Its only been 2 days with one Friday (short day). He had one accident on Thursday (poop) and none on Friday at.gan but did at home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training