Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Nutritionist in Brooklyn
Previous  1  2

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 1:32 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I second that and I’m using them in the fairly new Williamsburg location. They are actually against Splenda and artificial sugars. I’m eating regular foods and Bh losing

Artificial sweeteners are non-nutritive substances, so technically, it's not the nutritionist's business.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 10:48 pm
Just came to give an update.
I chose to try Boro Park Nutrition (which is the same as Flatbush). They do not accept my insurance but I found it reasonable and was willing to pay.
I am eating more than ever and have seen slow, steady results. I didn't lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks but the plan is realistic and manageable. I have found in the past slow weight loss is easier to keep off than a fad diet where one loses a lot in a short time. So I am being patient and am overall happy.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 10:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I chose to try Boro Park Nutrition (which is the same as Flatbush). They do not accept my insurance but I found it reasonable and was willing to pay.
I am eating more than ever and have seen slow, steady results. I didn't lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks but the plan is realistic and manageable. I have found in the past slow weight loss is easier to keep off than a fad diet where one loses a lot in a short time. So I am being patient and am overall happy.

More than you've ever eaten in your life, or more than on any diet you've been on?

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 11:28 pm
Gitty Gamss in Flatbush takes insurance

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 11:33 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
More than you've ever eaten in your life, or more than on any diet you've been on?

More than I've eaten. I learned the proper way to eat. How to eat a balanced meal. I was never eating properly.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 12:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Thank you so much!!
Appreciate the update and glad you’re being successful.
Can I have their number?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 12:13 am
I would use the cedarhurst offfice.
Is there someone specific you used and like?

cnc

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 12:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

How much do they charge for out of pocket clients?

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 12:51 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Artificial sweeteners are non-nutritive substances, so technically, it's not the nutritionist's business.

Artificial sweeteners have actually been linked with weight gain, as well as disruption of the microbiome, and inflammation. There is evidence that artificial sweeteners alter the expression of certain genes which leads to obesity and diabetes. So I would definitely let your nutritionist know if you are using artificial sweeteners - I’m sure they would be happy to recommend some good alternatives for you!

https://www-m.cnn.com/2016/01/.....om%2F

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:31 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Thank you so much!!
Appreciate the update and glad you’re being successful.
Can I have their number?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:32 am
cnc wrote:
How much do they charge for out of pocket clients?

It depends on the nutritionist you see. You have to call and ask them for rates.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise