Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Measles Complications from this recent outbreak.
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 6:30 pm
thegiver wrote:

Isnt there proof that the vast majority of ppl get vaccinated and they are healthy.

Once measles outbreaks in a community God forbid it is no longer a small chance

The vast majority of people are far from healthy.

southernbubby

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 6:46 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Not talking about statistics, just trying to explain the perspective of that mother who lost her son to vaccines trying to "spread the word". Posters said they couldn't understand her. It didn't sound like her kid was vaccinated to death either... sometimes it's just 1 or 2. And no, that mother never thought that would be her kid either.

Okay but you have an anonymous person claiming that an even more anonymous person lost a child as a result of being vaccinated and now they are sounding the alarm. Now we do know that sometimes there are serious adverse reactions to being vaccinated but society has traded that risk for the 500 measles deaths, as well as tragedies from mumps and rubella that used to occur every year in America before the MMR.
Now we used to find ways to allow personal choice with regards to vaccines but now we have social media and you are telling us about a child whose former existence or the cause of his passing we are expected to accept at face value and then prefer an epidemic to getting vaccines.
So because of social media, people who are not ex-vaxers or who probably would not be harmed by vaccines will read this warning about the boy and prefer to spread diseases that were once considered eradicated. And all on the hearsay anonymous story.
So can you understand why lawmakers are making every vaccine out there mandatory and very few people who vaccinate are objecting?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 9:33 pm
I had shingles in eighth grade. About 40 years ago.
Doctor was surprised that I had them Way before chicken pox vaccine was even a thought in anyone’s head !
It happens to many people It is just not as frequent as the chicken pox for kids.

amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Of interest, kids are now getting shingles, whereas this was unheard of when kids all got natural chicken pox. It used to be it was only found in the elderly, yet now I can think of several young adults and children that I know personally who have had shingles. But, who cares, you will continue wanting the chicken pox vaccine cuz all kids will soon just get a shingles vaccine to solve the newfound created problem.

Also, what exactly are these complications of chicken pox that you speak of that necessitate 2 vaccines in every child in the US? And, please provide data for the frequency of the horrific complication of the actual chicken pox that you feel necessitates a vaccine.

nchr

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 5:18 am
I personally had a moderate typical chicken pox case for the time. I had three in my eye and several in my privates, which almost resulted in me needing a catheter to urinate but my family realized that if they placed me in the bath to pee I was able to easily without severe pain. My pediatrician called it a normal case of CP. BH my vision was not impacted. Honestly, I dont know who would want their kid to experience that. I've had shingles and I'd take that any day over my case of chicken pox being moderate and normal. Shingles is more severe and painful in the elderly. If shingles because a problem in a younger population, we should simply introduce additional zoster vaccines.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 6:32 am
nchr wrote:
I personally had a moderate typical chicken pox case for the time. I had three in my eye and several in my privates, which almost resulted in me needing a catheter to urinate but my family realized that if they placed me in the bath to pee I was able to easily without severe pain. My pediatrician called it a normal case of CP. BH my vision was not impacted. Honestly, I dont know who would want their kid to experience that. I've had shingles and I'd take that any day over my case of chicken pox being moderate and normal. Shingles is more severe and painful in the elderly. If shingles because a problem in a younger population, we should simply introduce additional zoster vaccines.

😳. I want you to start shooting yourself with as many vaccines as possible (Ebola, anthrax, lyme, come on we got many to offer) and then see how you feel immediately and over the next few years. Vaccines have risks. They are not the answer to every little nuisance illness. Also, kids often have developmental growths after childhood illnesses. The benign ones definitly have a purpose.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 7:09 am
😳. I want you to start shooting yourself with as many vaccines as possible (Ebola, anthrax, lyme, come on we got many to offer) and then see how you feel immediately and over the next few years. Vaccines have risks. They are not the answer to every little nuisance illness. Also, kids often have developmental growths after childhood illnesses. The benign ones definitly have a purpose.

Talking to nchr about risks/dangers of vaccines is Banging head . Her take on them is the more the merrier and that adverse reactions are one in a million. Have fun...

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 7:14 am

Kids still get sick with plenty of viral illnesses so if there is really any science behind your claim that illness boosts growth and development, then I don't see any lack of opportunities.

Last edited by southernbubby on Sun, Oct 27 2019, 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 7:30 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Talking to nchr about risks/dangers of vaccines is Banging head . Her take on them is the more the merrier and that adverse reactions are one in a million. Have fun...

Same game of ping pong. The diseases are not completely benign and vaccines are not completely without risks but the dangers of each choice are over-stated by the opposing team.

nchr

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 8:51 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

I honestly am not sure if you have read all of my posts, but I regularly receive messages that my posts about vaccines are a breath of fresh air, level headed, and respectful. Why would you comment this?

nchr

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 8:53 am

The risks are extremely small and I would gladly get additional vaccines that were recommended. However, I don't think that you should be forced to vaccinate, regardless of if your reasons for not vaccinating are factually and scientifically supported or not.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 9:27 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
The vast majority of people are far from healthy.

Really? What is wrong with us?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:34 am

You do realize that most people would get vaccines like Lyme if available and most people do have absolutely no side effects so what are you saying here?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 1:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You do realize that most people would get vaccines like Lyme if available and most people do have absolutely no side effects so what are you saying here?

I was pointing out ones that people might actually take, but that there is no end and when they all collectively accumulate over a lifetime without any research studies done on the current pediatric schedule (plus new ones like HPV and adult ones) each and every person essentially is a Guinea pig. Is chicken pox as important as lyme? If the dose is the poison, and you keep adding more and more "minuscule doses of poison", when does it explode?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 1:51 pm
I was pointing out ones that people might actually take, but that there is no end and when they all collectively accumulate over a lifetime without any research studies done on the current pediatric schedule (plus new ones like HPV and adult ones) each and every person essentially is a Guinea pig. Is chicken pox as important as lyme? If the dose is the poison, and you keep adding more and more "minuscule doses of poison", when does it explode?

x
The average age in the US for cancer diagnosis is between 65 and 69. It increases with age so if all of the carcinogens that we take in eventually explode, that is when it usually happens, excluding cancers that are common in young people and those which are inherited. Of course, we are exposed to numerous carcinogens and it is an anti-vax fallicy that injected carcinogens are more dangerous than other types of exposure.

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 5:25 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Measles erases the immune system's memory. It's like you're a tiny baby starting over again, your immune system has to relearn everything, except without the protection of placental antibodies and breastmilk.

For two years post-measles you are at high risk of complications from every stupid little thing.

Of course it's connected.

http://www.tetyanaobukhanych.c.....nesia

amother
Puce

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 6:44 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
http://www.tetyanaobukhanych.com/blog/should-you-be-afraid-that-measles-gives-you-immune-amnesia

https://www.theguardian.com/sc.....finds

southernbubby

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 6:48 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
http://www.tetyanaobukhanych.com/blog/should-you-be-afraid-that-measles-gives-you-immune-amnesia

The generation that didn't have measles had a lower incidence of several other common infections leading researchers to look for a connection.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics