Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Looking for a job
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 12:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sorry it wasnt my intentions to be enrolling. Im just not aware how to do the change

* controlling

grace413

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 12:16 pm
Are the other languages you speak in demand? Additional languages are sometimes a plus.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 12:32 pm
grace413 wrote:
Are the other languages you speak in demand? Additional languages are sometimes a plus.

Not that I know of.

Monsey is basicly yiddish / english speaking. not hebrew . Again I dont feel its so much the "english" part that makes it hard .. lots of ppl dont speak in English their best and found good jobs ...

its something I felt here on imamother the
way they replied to me "that my communicating doesnt seem its best "
or must be I took it the wrong way?

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 12:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im coming up to ask if anyone knows of a job available. Im good @ lots of things, have experience with working with ppl, doing sales, retail, or preschools ect. "I know ive mentioned different type of fields but im flexible, easy going , hardworking quick learner ect. And am good @ a lot of things . Please pm. If your looking for help.
Thank you!

The Census Bureau has job openings and even some stay at home jobs if you speak other languages-- https://www.census.gov/about/c......html

https://www.census.gov/about/r......html

You can also try getting a govt job in Rockland County-- http://rocklandgov.com/departm.....ties/

Macherusa.com has a bunch of job listings for monsey, try going through it to see what is applicable-- https://macherusa.com/jewish-j.....onsey

ETA: if you take the exams for govt jobs then tell them the languages you speak and they will contact you quicker if they are looking for these specific languages.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 12:36 pm
There are a few stores that posted recently that they have job openings. Sock shop for one. S&w has been looking not sure who else maybe heaven scent the clothing department

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 3:09 pm
Ask Monsey Glatt, they have ladies that fill orders.

ora_43

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 4:21 pm
The amount of time you've been looking doesn't matter. How many jobs you've applied to matters.

I'm saying this because you're talking about when to get more flexible on the kind of job you want. So like - if you've been applying to a job every month or so, whenever you happen to stumble across a job opening, that's not at all the same as if you've been spending hours a week job-searching and have applied to hundreds of jobs. And the answer to "should I start looking for something else, or what" is going to be different.

If you've been casually job searching, consider making it more serious. Treat job searching like a job in itself. Reach out to people you know in the fields you're interested in (so in your case salespeople, store owners, preschool teachers, etc) and ask them what you can do to make yourself a more appealing candidate. Read multiple job boards regularly (multiple times a week), and apply to everything that's relevant. Consider going for further training or doing relevant volunteer work.

If you've been seriously job-searching for over two years, then yeah, it's time to expand your search. Consider taking a job with more hours than you wanted, or fewer, or a job in a different field (eg office not sales). Remember, taking a job that isn't exactly what you wanted doesn't mean giving up on what you wanted forever. It just means that while you continue looking for the job you want, you'll be getting money and job skills and a boost to your resume.

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 6:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im coming up to ask if anyone knows of a job available. Im good @ lots of things, have experience with working with ppl, doing sales, retail, or preschools ect. "I know ive mentioned different type of fields but im flexible, easy going , hardworking quick learner ect. And am good @ a lot of things . Please pm. If your looking for help.
Thank you!

If anyone knows of a job opening in the Monsey vicinity, please let me know. I good with people and have worked in sales, retail and preschools. I am reliable, flexible, easy going, hardworking, and a quick learner.

Please email me at --- , or call me at -----.

You need a way for people to contact you if you don't want to use your screen name.

meme6

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 7:07 pm
Squishy wrote:
If anyone knows of a job opening in the Monsey vicinity, please let me know. I good with people and have worked in sales, retail and preschools. I am reliable, flexible, easy going, hardworking, and a quick learner.

Please email me at --- , or call me at -----.

You need a way for people to contact you if you don't want to use your screen name.

I just listed before a few stores that were looking the connections is full of jobs hamaspik is also looking

strawberry cola

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 9:11 pm
In addition to macherusa, which someone else suggested, try indeed.com and luach.com. Hatzlachah rabah!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics