Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
The I-Need-A-Car-Vent (no solicitations)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 8:42 pm
I moved out with DH to the boondocks.
OK, I'm not much of a city gal anyhow.

We're pathetic with money, okay, we'll do our best.
We're not getting much luxury, we're working hard, things will be fine.

But our car broke down some months ago.
AND I AM OFFICIALLY LOSING IT.

The car was in poor shape when we got it, and didn't fit all of us in it at once.
But it was a car.
And now it is a piece of junk in our driveway.

WE HAVE WASTED SO MUCH MONEY AND TIME ON TAXIS AND RENTALS.
And we STILL can't get to where we need to go, when we need to be there.

Nearly nothing here is within walking distance. It's the real boondocks.

Our credit is lousy, we can't get enough money together at once for a down payment, and insurance on a financed car is insane.

There is not much local help to be had, this is not a rich area.
I can't think of anyone I can borrow $8K from.
Buying a cheaper car means buying another disposable one and going through this again in a year or two.

And I am extremely frustrated because even when we did have a car I was still suffering from the fact that we needed a bigger car to fit the whole family inside!

Am I being punished for not being happy with what I had?
I STILL do not think it is unreasonable to expect that we should be able to all fit into a family vehicle.
Most families here are TWO-car families, because practicalities. And if you're that many people, it's a minivan (one parent can take ALL of the kids at once!!!) AND a car (for commutes).

Note: This post is NOT a request for help and advice. I generally appreciate advice but I left out many factors here for privacy reasons, and they will render pretty much all advice unusable, so I don't want you to waste your time.

It is ALSO NOT a request for donations. I did tell poor DH that I have hit rock-bottom and I will be putting up a GoFundMe for a car, but I was not serious. (Well, if you own a car dealership and need a tax break... jk)

I'm trying to work on my bitachon that Hashem will help us out in the right time, but right now I am just really really really frustrated at the amount of (borrowed) money wasted today on transportation, almost enough for a car payment, and we were still unable to get all of us to where we needed to be.

So commiseration welcome, mussar accepted, and pity party treats enjoyed.
Love you all!

Cookiegirl

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 8:46 pm
No advice, just wanted to say that I feel for you and hope you find the means to get a car very soon!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics