Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Everybody is laughing at me 😂

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 7:19 pm
My feet are terrible so I just went to a shoe store in CH and bought a pair of size 38 boys' Campers. They hit the spot but I came back to DD's house and it turns out that every boy in the neighborhood has them, including my grandchildren. DD laughed so hard that she was in tears but my poor feet are so much better in them and everyone agreed that I am entitled to that as well as the fact that the store is going out of business and everything is very marked down.
Can anyone relate?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 7:20 pm
Well, my boys refuse to wear Men’s New Balance Black sneakers because that’s what Bobby wears and they think they are Bobby shoes and womanly 😂

zaq

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 8:48 pm
Sure. My ddil wears around a women’s size 11 and often buys men’s shoes, mostly sneakers and penny loafers. I once asked the salesman in my shoe store to bring me the same shoes he was wearing in my size, because they looked really comfortable. It was the smallest size those shoes came in. I wore that style for a number of years until I found women’s shoes that fit me but were slightly less clunky. I’m hard to fit and can’t afford to care what people think about my footwear. Let ‘em laugh.

On the flip side I had women’s sneakers that I didn’t like because of the traction. I gave them to ds who wore them until he outgrew them, by which time they were fit only for the trash anyway.

Last edited by zaq on Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Surrendered

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 9:47 pm
I just found Orthofeet.com, special comfortable shoes in all (xlarge & xsmall) sizes.
Check it out.

shanie5

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:22 pm
For a while, my son and I had matching crocs. Each of us wore 1 green and one pink one. Then he grew some more and we can't do that anymore. But just last night (after he borrowed my slighltly small pink crocs) he said we should do the swap again. Only this time we would need 4 pairs. 2 for him and 2 for me. Then we could match again. DS is 20 now-and still is happy to match his mom. Warms my heart!

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 11:33 pm
Surrendered wrote:
I just found Orthofeet.com, special comfortable shoes in all (xlarge & xsmall) sizes.
Check it out.

Thanks for reminding me. Years ago, my insurance covered bunion shoes from them but now I have Fidelis bronze. It would still be worth it to pay out of pocket

hotzenplotz

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 11:48 pm
southernbubby wrote:
My feet are terrible so I just went to a shoe store in CH and bought a pair of size 38 boys' Campers. They hit the spot but I came back to DD's house and it turns out that every boy in the neighborhood has them, including my grandchildren. DD laughed so hard that she was in tears but my poor feet are so much better in them and everyone agreed that I am entitled to that as well as the fact that the store is going out of business and everything is very marked down.
Can anyone relate?

All that matters is that your poor feet are doing fine. (if there is a symbol that could be taken off with a seam ripper, that would alter the look of the shoe, it might be less conspicuous that this is THE shoe boys in CH are wearing.)

However you could try 212 355 4229 - Dr. Tzvi BAr David in Manhattan. After numerous shoes, years of trying podiatrists, different arch prescriptions he made the right arch for my 18 year old son (who is wearing shoes for the first time consistently!!!!!) (He would walk barefoot, or turn every shoe into a slipper)

Dr. Bar David also recommended the right shoe (no arches) for my mom who was suffering for decades!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics