Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Immersion Blender in Pots?
Previous  1  2

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 8:55 pm
jsb wrote:
Lol I think I can forgive you! How long (approx) have you had the kitchen aid ones? I feel like the quality of that brand has gone down from seeing my own family’s experience with the regular mixer and how long it lasted vs people who had bought them years ago when I think they made them with better, longer lasting materials.

Sorry I cross-posted with you.
I've had my kitchen-aids for at least 4 years, and they have lasted through medium heavy use (mostly in the fall and winter).

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 3:43 am
jsb wrote:
Thanks so much! It’s interesting because someone else said the opposite about metal vs plastic. But it’s more intuitive to me to use plastic so it doesn’t scratch.

It’s very hard to keep the blender from touching the bottom of the pot, especially at top speed- the blade spinning creates a pull down suction and it’s unlikely that you will have the strength to stop the blender being pulled to the bottom of the pot at all during a blending session!

The metal ones which have a curved edge are very likely to scratch- I replaced my good plastic Bosch one with a cheaper metal one and couldn’t understand what the curly scratches at the bottom of my pots were. I kept checking to see if the blade is too low but then realised it’s obviously not the blade scratching the pot otherwise I would hear a nasty sound but it’s the metal surrounding of the blade. The scratches haven’t made my pots unusable it’s just not very nice to look at.

Hope to replace it again with a good plastic one soon.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen