Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Which one do u get for this age?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 5:24 pm
I need to buy a coat for my ds he's 14 . I would love to get him a nice wool (doesnt have to be 100% wool) but looking for a nice decent coat for reasonable price. which coat is most practical for this age , what do u usually get ? He goes to a quite high end yashiva with wealthy families, yet were not considering ourselves in the wealthy category , but want ds to fit in and feel good . I would get him a nice coat tho, is there anywhere I can find for more reasonably? Im open to hear your sdvice.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 5:47 pm
My mother brought me a wool duffel cost when I was about that age, and I hated it. I spent that winter insisting that it wasn't cold and I didn't need to wear a coat. I used an umbrella when it rained. I think that coat got given away the next winter, when she gave in and brought a coat that I was willing to wear.

So the moral is, make sure it is a coat that he wants before spending money on it.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 5:50 pm
What about a jacket?

salt

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 4:00 am
I wouldn't buy an expensive coat at that age, because boys grow very quickly at that age, and next winter likely that he'll need a new one.
I'd buy a warm puffy jacket, or a not-real wool coat, that looks nice but much cheaper.
But of course, only something that he'll agree to wear.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 4:12 am
Last year I went online with my son looking for a jacket.
Bought in Macy’s. Price was right.
They have wool and puffer. I would do it together with him because he knows what the boys are wearing and what he wants.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 8:34 am
I love the appaman wool coat. My son uses that for shabbos and has a puffer for weekday. But I have no idea what the boys in your son’s Yeshiva are wearing. I think that’s an important piece here.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 9:01 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I love the appaman wool coat. My son uses that for shabbos and has a puffer for weekday. But I have no idea what the boys in your son’s Yeshiva are wearing. I think that’s an important piece here.

Appemen carries for this age?? Hes almost 15 big boy. Doesnt appemon come just in smaller sizes or for younger kids? Or must be your son is extremely skinny fit. They run small. I will check out macys

lavenderchimes

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 9:28 am
Thrift stores carry good coats for good prices.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 9:59 am
A 14 year old will want to choose his own coat. Why don't you bring him to the store and shop together with him? Or shop online together?

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 10:57 am
This also depends on location and climate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children