Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Decorating girls room on a budget

Chew21

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 11:46 am
I just recently moved into a new house looking for some ideas to decorate girls room on a budget. I have no creativity and little money to play around with. I have 1 little girl and a highriser. Looking for something more pinky not any character. Please post actual links if you have any. Thanks in advance.

cbg

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 11:51 am
Wall decals
https://www.target.com/p/roomm.....69679

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:01 pm
cbg wrote:
Wall decals

Target has inexpensive girly items.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:24 pm
Buy a girly set of linen, a pink shaggy rug, and pink shaggy throw pillows. Also a canvas to hang up. You can PM me for links.

L25

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 1:24 pm
we use their stuffed animals as decoration as well.

chestnut

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 1:30 pm
I might have girly decals and canvas to give away, also princess and hearts duvet and pillow case (from Ikea). Please msg me after Yom tov to remind me to find them.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Oct 20 2019, 1:41 pm
I just did my baby girl’s room.
Pink Paint from Lowe’s - $40
Gold heart decals that I applied to the wall in the shape of a large heart , from Amazon - $14
Pink crib linen with gold hearts from Amazon- $47
Lamp with pink and gold and heart design from Amazon - $44
Pink heart shaped shaggy rug from Amazon- $18
Pink canopy to go over crib from Amazon- $28
White crib from Ikea - $100
White cube furniture from Walmart- $30
with pink inserts from Amazon - $17
Little white scalloped shelves for the wall and a white wood scalloped window valance that I previously owned for many years. I added the same heart decals that I used for the wall to the scallops on the shelves and valance.
I put the heart shaped pink pillow that came with the linen set on the shelf .
I found a pink and gold mirrored wall hanging thing in Homegoods that says “love” and I put it on the other shelf- $14
I chose everything I wanted and designed the room in my head and then worked to earn the money to save up for it. Once I had the money set aside I purchased everything. Her room is adorable and I even painted and applied the wall decals myself. It was a very rewarding experience.
Choose a “theme” you like and work off of that.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 10:54 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I just did my baby girl’s room.
Pink Paint from Lowe’s - $40
Gold heart decals that I applied to the wall in the shape of a large heart , from Amazon - $14
Pink crib linen with gold hearts from Amazon- $47
Lamp with pink and gold and heart design from Amazon - $44
Pink heart shaped shaggy rug from Amazon- $18
Pink canopy to go over crib from Amazon- $28
White crib from Ikea - $100
White cube furniture from Walmart- $30
with pink inserts from Amazon - $17
Little white scalloped shelves for the wall and a white wood scalloped window valance that I previously owned for many years. I added the same heart decals that I used for the wall to the scallops on the shelves and valance.
I put the heart shaped pink pillow that came with the linen set on the shelf .
I found a pink and gold mirrored wall hanging thing in Homegoods that says “love” and I put it on the other shelf- $14
I chose everything I wanted and designed the room in my head and then worked to earn the money to save up for it. Once I had the money set aside I purchased everything. Her room is adorable and I even painted and applied the wall decals myself. It was a very rewarding experience.
Choose a “theme” you like and work off of that.

I'd love to see a picture!

For my 6 yo room I had a very very small budget. I found pink and cubicles at x-mas Tree Shop.
$25 a 9 cube
$15 a 2 cubicle that has a door over one for a night chest. The shelves are actually regrangular so it's perfect. Size wise, hight Wise and look.
$15 a 3 tier book shelve $15 (maybe even $10 don't remember exactly. It was dirt cheap. And is holding up surprisingly well!!!
$8 Found an exact match bed skirts (I also got for my other kids toddler bed. She'll be joining her in her room in a few months once baby moves out of my room into the other room) $5.75 and curtains on amazon for the long window and
$4-5 about for the one that's shorter and by her bed.
$30 approx at Homegoods for curtain rods
$40 pink and white Pillow cover and duvet. I have lots of white sheets.... ahem Wink
$15 pink fuzzy 40" wide throw pillow from homegoods
$17 custom Pillow sham with her name from zullily
$10 lamp by ikea
$7 and change A maching camera picture for her wall on zullily.
$20 a pink with white dots little comfy seat/couch with two little throw pillows at a garage sale in the corner next to the bookcase
$65 area rug from RugsUSA
$3 a green ceramic vase with fake pink flowers from Walmart
$1 glass green vase from dollar store to occasionally put in fresh flowers (she LOVES fresh flowers)

Then stuff we made that I had around the house for decorations.

Like the kids painted cloth pins pink and white and we made a "line" above get 9 cubicle us not to hang her artwork.
I framed ($1 white frame) soemthing she made in school two years that matches in beautifully.
She loved the floral design from one of my robe tops. When it got ruined j cut out a pc and framed it (bigger $2 frame). It looks so good!
Other random things I painted her colors.
I'm in middle if decorating her one Blank wall.....

Also had put up wall decals of "the princess sleeps here" but she kept on taking it off and rearranging it till it stopped sticking.

Last edited by Tzutzie on Mon, Oct 28 2019, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 10:55 am
cbg wrote:
Wall decals

SHEIN has some cute ones too.

AhuvasIma

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 11:03 am
Any good linen sets you would suggest?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains