Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Need help getting excited about going to Israel...
Previous  1  2

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 6:37 pm
OP-I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who’s scared to go to Israel. My husband loves Israel and has been dying to go there and we finally decided to go for Pesach. I’m definitely not as excited because I feel bad about taking off so much from work plus I wasn’t with my family for succos and feel bad about not being there again for Pesach. Plus we have a baby and I’m so nervous about traveling. Plus I feel like we could save our money for other things and I’m scared of being in Israel (I’ve been before for seminary etc but always got nervous each time I went.) but my husband desperately wants to do this so I guess I’ll have to try to be more excited than nervous. He doesn’t get why I’m scared safety-wise.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 3:19 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Get used to seeing young people dressed in army greens and carrying very large machine guns. It's a bit startling at first, but you get used to it. They are obligated to protect the public at all times, and in a case of emergency there is no concept of "off duty". Give them a slight smile and a nod, they can use some positive recognition for keeping us safe. (Please, no political drama spin offs.)

Yes; this. Smile and say good morning/afternoon/evening/night or wtvr.
They are people and they aren't scary.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics