Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
HELP!!!!!!!

miriam

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 1:48 pm
My 10 month old daughter loves pinching my upper arm when she nurses. It really hurts. I can't believe how strong she is. I have tried holding her arm while we nurse. She just cries and stops nursing. I don't know what to do. Please give me some ideas.

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 3:45 pm
my sister did the same, she pinched my mother's neck. She used it to do it relax.

May be your daughter's life too 'fast'? May be she needs to relax before nurcing?

Also, you can try taking her off your brest, take her pinching hand into yours & say firmly: "Pinching hurts. You cannot do it." & let her re-latch.

and never show any r'loud' reaction - she might be enjoing it.

also, May be it's time to stop nurcing? Does she eat any other food? Does she nurse well or just plays around?

miriam

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 3:59 pm
She looooooves nursing and she eats some solids. The relaxing thing is an idea. It's seems like she is trying to hold onto something. When I am wearing a thin cotton T, she gets right thru to my skin. If I am wearing something bulkier, she grasps into the shirt and seems content. I have thought about stopping b/c it hurts, it's like being bit. Neither of us is ready to stop.
Thanks for the advice.

zuncompany

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 4:05 pm
The make things called nursing necklaces... they have beads and its something for the baby to play with. Give her another distraction. I would not give up nursing so easily. Especially cause she loves it so much. Tev likes to rub me while he nurses. I think it calms him also. Only problem is he scratches me. So now before I nurse him I make sure his nails can't hurt me.

Sara

miriam

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 4:09 pm
Do you know where I could get them?

micki

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 5:25 pm
miriam use a marker.
my kids loved holding on to somehting so I stuck a marker- crayola the fat kind and it was just the right size to hold. they held on for dea life. kinda funny...

miriam

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 5:32 pm
Micki, I have tried that. She holds on for a few seconds and then throws it and goes for me.

zuncompany

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 5:47 pm
http://home.att.net/~Scarletts.....g.htm

try that:)

Sara
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics