Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
H & M. How do they fit?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 8:34 pm
Are they generous or smallish?
If I normally buy size 8 for my granddaughter, would I buy 8-10 or 6-8?
What’s confusing me (shopping online) is that the size says 6-8 years or 8-10 years.
Thanks!!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 8:35 pm
Their sizes run bigger . It runs like European sizing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 8:38 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Their sizes run bigger . It runs like European sizing.

Thanks
So if I normally buy her size 8, I should buy sz 6-8 years?
Or sz 8-10 years?
Does it go by how old she is or what size I normally buy? She’s a very solid (on the zaftig side) 6 year old. Smile

amotherof3

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 8:39 pm
They run big so buy the 6-8

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 8:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks
So if I normally buy her size 8, I should buy sz 6-8 years?
Or sz 8-10 years?
Does it go by how old she is or what size I normally buy? She’s a very solid (on the zaftig side) 6 year old. Smile

If she’s a regular size 8 I’d stick to the 6-8 . But if she’s almost busting out of it I’d go to an 8-10 but it might be loose on her. But the fit really fits according to what it says. 6-8 yrs means it would fit an average 6-8 yr old. The only thing to consider , I don’t have big girls. It’s possible that they cut girls clothes more fitted . That I don’t know. My baby is a zaftig 15 month old and I got her size 1 1/2-2 yrs she wears a regular size 2T and the H&M 1 1/2-2 yrs is a bit big on her. Because it’s meant for a real 18 month old .

Smile1234

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 9:09 pm
I’ll say different than the above - my daughter is now in a 3 or 4 depending. Last winter she wore h&m 2-4 and was basically finished with them by the time the season was over. I ordered a 4-6 dress for her and the shoulders fit great but the length of the dress and sleeves were ridiculous on her.

I also got 6-8 for my son when he was wearing 5 in other companies and it fit well. Now he’s in 7 and those 6-8 shirts don’t suit him so well...

So we’ll be staying away from h&m for a bit till both kids enter the correct size bracket.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 9:15 pm
I find that their baby clothes fit huge, especially the bottoms, but the older kids clothing is pretty true to size, skewing towards short and narrow. It really depends on what item it is also. A dress or skirt, you probably need to size up because they mostly run super short, but the 8-10 might just hang wrong on her. A top you can get away with her regular size, in this case I'd get 6-8. If you join their free member club, you can get free returns, so personally I'd order everything in a few sizes and try on. They include a return label with your order so really easy to return things.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 1:42 pm
I found the sizing really annoying. I got my daughter a couple of gorgeous dresses in the sale last year size 2-4 (she's 3 almost 4). When I got them, they were way too big for her-sleeves and width of dress. However, now that she fits in the dresses width etc, the length is getting way too short. I don't understand why they can't do 2-3, then 3-4.

Do you know if your granddaughter is tall for her age? If she is, def size up for dresses. It also depends on how long she's going to wear it for-if it's to fit through winter, you might be better to size up anyway. Tops you can probably get away with 6-8. My ds at almost 7 still fits into his favorite t-shirt size 4-6

They are great with returns though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics