Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Kosher Keto products online (and granola recipe?)

OutATowner

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 2:44 pm
There are so many keto products online, like baking mixes and wraps, but none seem to be kosher. Yes, I am eating mostly regular foods like eggs, chicken, veggies, etc, but I would like to have something different every once in a while. I have a recipe for almond flour bread in a mug that is delicious and filling, but I don't always have 3 minutes in the morning to spare.
I am now using the Target brand grain free granola in my Greek yogurt. It has coconut sugar, so not really ideal for me but I need something like that.
Also, does anyone have a keto granola recipe (basically nuts and seeds) that doesn't use strange or expensive sweeteners? If it has chocolate liquor that's a plus. Smile
Tia!

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 3:30 pm
Greek yogurt is not keto, it has ALOT of sugar even if it’s plain and unsweetened

My dd made a keto granola over Sukkot
She eyeballed the amounts and tasted sweetness
Basically it was mixed nuts, egg whites, pinch of salt and sweetner
She spread it on a piece of parchment- baked on a low temp (like meringues) and then left it in the oven over night to crisp up
Then she drizzles chocolate
Melted 100% chocolate in a baggie- mixed in some powdered sweetner (ground in the coffee grinder) and she drizzled it
When the chocolate hardened she broke it into pieces

OutATowner

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 3:45 pm
Thanks.
I'm not doing 100% keto, more like no grains no starchy veg no added sugars limited fruit and legumes. That's what is sustainable for me, for now. If I plateau I'll have what to cut out. But if I'm going to buy a product I want it to be as close to keto as possible.
What sweetener did she use?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise