Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Daf yomi resources

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 2:25 pm
So after me gently encouraging DH to consider daf yomi, he finally surprised me and started last week as the daf yomi cycle began Niddah. But his schedule is too erratic to go to a fixed shiur in our area, and he's been doing it on his own at various hours of the day, and he mentioned that he'd love to find some online resources to help him keep it up. If your DH learns the daf, can you ask if there are any emails or websites or online shiurim he uses to learn or review that I could pass on to help keep my DH going?

zaq

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 5:52 pm
Just google daf yomi shiur . YU Torah, OU, dafyomi.org are just three of many many sites.

cbsp

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 6:15 pm
http://dafnotes.com/

Hatzlacha!

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 6:31 pm
Rabbi Shalom Rosner on OU.org has a 45-50 min shiur, plus Iyun shiurim now and then. I enjoy it very much : )

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 6:45 pm
My husband has an app on his phone called Lakewood Daf Yomi. A new shiur is posted daily. He listens to it on his commute.

Ellie7

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 7:04 pm
I do the daf and I really enjoy Rabbi Etashalom’s Shiur (I don’t have the link offhand but you can google it). It’s very short and to-the-point so I especially like it for difficult topics. Mostly, I use the Koren gemaras, which I really like but aren’t great for those with more experience.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 7:59 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Rabbi Shalom Rosner on OU.org has a 45-50 min shiur, plus Iyun shiurim now and then. I enjoy it very much : )

Same here. He’s amazing! I follow his shiurim via podcasts.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 12:15 pm
I've been doing Rav Rosner's shiur for several mesechtos but now I want to catch up .... so I am thinking of trying a shorter one when I (hopefully soon) start Brachos.

Can we make a list here of different shiurim, how you access them (podcast, on-line, phone), language, how long they are etc?

Thanks & hatzlacha to all!

Aylat

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 3:17 pm
Three great apps I can recommend.

Real Clear Daf. Shiur by Rabbi Wise and Gemara text in two formats - tzuras hadaf and divided into sections with English translation/explanation. This is what I listen to daily. Length varies 40 mins - 1 hr 20, average an hr. Sometimes I listen at 1.5x or 2x speed.

All Daf. Lots of options for different shiurim. A few straight daf yomi shiurim by different rabbanim. Shiurim which focus on halacha, history, insights, etc gleaned from the daf. Some short (2 mins), some full length (up to an hour). Short summaries of the daf, up to 8 minutes long. Zichru's memory program, which I found thanks to another Mustard on the other thread.

OU Torah. Like AllDaf, lots of different shiur options and types.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics