Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Would you be interested?

rmf32

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 7:21 pm
The tv thread got me thinking about the quality of Jewish entertainment available to children. For example, I was watching a Jewish video with my daughter and they spent 5 minutes discussing the food served at a kiddush lol. Would you be interested in a cartoon that focuses on middot, mitzvot, for kids with interesting plots and higher production quality? How would one go about funding such a thing?

Mommastuff

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 10:35 pm
My kids would love a kosher program! I don't know about funding but I'd be very interested in seeing if this comes about!

gande

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 12:02 am
Yes! My kids want to watch non jewish. I totally get them. the few Jewish things are pretty boring. There is a great need.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 4:54 am
yesss

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 5:44 am
Not endorsements but here's the orthodox entertainment I am aware of that is matim for kids:

This is really cute series that is also educational about tefilla. It's animated and acted pretty decently. Not amazing but passable. Better than OP's description. They may have more:

https://torahlive.com/courses/.....llah/

I LOVE this series. I was so sad when they never continued due to lack of funds. I wish they would of continued it at least with less quality...but I guess they only wanted to make really quality content:

Episode 5 is the funniest. You can watch that with no context of the series and it's still really funny.

For kids there's also Shalom Sesame which I grew up watching. It's a english version of the Israeli Sesame street. Here's a short clip:

There's also a series on youtube called Shaboom which is also for Orthodox Jewish kids. Here's an episode:

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics