Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
All black shoes

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 8:24 am
Yes, this is in this forum because apparently it helps with their education. I don't mind a dress code, but completely all black shoes. One white stripe on the edges are a problem???? What is the point?? I'm all for a dress code or a uniform. I'm also all for them being as strict as they want, but when they harp on every little thing, it's such a turn off.

Why do I send to this school you ask. I'm actually not sending because of the hashkafa of the school, but because it's a specialty type of school.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 8:35 am
Sometimes, this rule is there because it's the only firm line they can draw. You want a white strip? Understandable, but what are the guidelines? How big? Why not blue? Etc. I find this to be especially important in a specialty school that might be getting people from many different backgrounds.

On the bright side, in many cases, you can ask the store which come in all black (or look online) and then try on whatever color they have and order the all black version. And if it's a small enough line (not the sole), I have used black sharpie or polish with occasional touch ups.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 9:37 am
The school said all black and when we went for the interview, I asked the rosh yeshiva about the shoes he was wearing and he said they're not great, but okay. Now they're saying no and I have to get him new shoes. Will they be paying for it? I told my son to color the white part in. I looked at the handbook and it does say no white stripe, but I wonder how new that is.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 9:39 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Sometimes, this rule is there because it's the only firm line they can draw. You want a white strip? Understandable, but what are the guidelines? How big? Why not blue? Etc. I find this to be especially important in a specialty school that might be getting people from many different backgrounds.

On the bright side, in many cases, you can ask the store which come in all black (or look online) and then try on whatever color they have and order the all black version. And if it's a small enough line (not the sole), I have used black sharpie or polish with occasional touch ups.

I know about all that and I say the same thing, but sometimes you have to let some things go like I said, they originally said it was okay. I would like to know what is wrong with those shoes??????????????????
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics