Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Israel beach vacation in January?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 10:40 am
We will be traveling to Israel for business in January iyh and it is very exciting! However, due to this trip, I will have to forfeit going to Florida this year.

Thing is, that I hate the winter and my Florida trip really helps! Is there any way for us to combine the two? Is there anywhere in Israel that we can travel to for 2 to 3 days?

Would want a warm beach with access to glatt kosher food and beautiful accommodations.

Any ideas?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 10:41 am
No such thing as a warm beach in january. Its rainy and cold.
Maybe eilat, but still rainy.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 10:44 am
Eilat can work. You never know. I've gotten glorious weather there during the winter.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 10:45 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
No such thing as a warm beach in january. Its rainy and cold.
Maybe eilat, but still rainy.

Thanks for this info. I feel like for someone who hates the cold, it's really the worst time to be going Sad

Teomima

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 10:46 am
I've been to both the Dead Sea and Eilat in December and the weather was nice, though way too cold to swim. But January is usually quite a bit colder than December so your chances of a beach vacation are pretty slim, sorry.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 10:46 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Eilat can work. You never know. I've gotten glorious weather there during the winter.

Any suggestions of where to stay?

Also, we are a heimishe couple. Is this done? Is it similar to heimish couples going to Florida?
Glatt kosher food?

essie14

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 2:42 pm
It is possible to get lucky and have nice weather (meaning sunny) but it definitely won't be warm enough to swim in the ocean in Tel Aviv or in Eilat. January is usually the coldest month of the year. Even by February you would have a better chance of warmer temps (still not swimming weather). And you won't know the weather forecast until a few days before.

If you just want a nice hotel on the beach, there are lots of really beautiful ones.
I don't know what heimishe means, sorry.

Herzliya has the Daniel and Ritz Carlton hotels and the beach is really nice.
Dead Sea and Eilat have 5 star hotels, as well. You would have to contact the hotels directly to verify kashrut standards.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics