Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Powder nails

tobee

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 1:05 pm
Anyone else feel that it's never perfectly removed for mikvah?

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 3:44 pm
I assume you’re talking about the dip powder nails? Last time I went when I had that on, I went to get it taken off at the salon day before that way I could have a little bit of time after to get off an extra bits over the next day in case there was any residue but no different than if it was gel or regular polish. What are you seeing on your nails that’s making you think it’s not all the way off?

tobee

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 3:48 pm
So I did that, but still see some of the glue...sanded off the rest of it on my own but still feel like it has glue residue and I can see where it ends and the new nail starts. Also, my nails broke in a few places, but it did last longer than gel which wasn't giving me two weeks. Not sure if this is worth it, though

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 4:09 pm
tobee wrote:
So I did that, but still see some of the glue...sanded off the rest of it on my own but still feel like it has glue residue and I can see where it ends and the new nail starts. Also, my nails broke in a few places, but it did last longer than gel which wasn't giving me two weeks. Not sure if this is worth it, though

I would think you could sand off the glue but idk. Yeah I’m also ambivalent about dip powder because before I started when I was doing gel my nails suddenly started cracking like crazy and they told me dip would make the nails stronger and it lasted much better but then afterwards my nails were extremely soft and delicate and I felt like some of my fingers under my nails were injured maybe from the electric drill they use? Not sure but I could see red spots under the nail when the polish was removed and it hurt to press down on my nail. I also like to do my own nails to save money so first I was all about gel (got a kit with a lamp) but then I got my own dipping powder but the removal was such a pain. Now I’m trying this brand of regular polish that’s supposedly “hard as dip” yeah right but I’ll see how long it lasts. I’m just hoping one day soon they’ll come out with a product that lasts as well as dip but comes off as easily as regular polish.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 4:21 pm
You may need a different nail place or to soak longer. Mine comes off perfectly.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 5:06 pm
What you're seeing might not be glue. It might be damage to the nail (like a scraped or raw surface) or it may be unevenness (like where the surface has been filed top much and the nee nail growth is thicker).

tobee

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 8:41 pm
Thanks everyone!@ pewter u may be right. I just assumed it's glue...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics