Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Which web site checks books and tells if they are kosher?

Yoyo613

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 1:00 am
I dont find the site where I search a book and it tellse what the problem is if there is one. TIA

sky

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 1:07 am
Chinuch.org has a listing of books that have been read with comments and reviews.

Common sense media.org
Thorough. But not be as sensitive to as many topics.

loveit

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 1:17 am
Kosherbooks.org

I think it was created by the women that created and maintained the list on chinuch.org, the website is much easier to use than their previous document/spreadsheet

Yoyo613

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 1:33 am
I'm not managing there. Can someone please search for me "Born on a blue day"? TIA. My daughter is next to me devouring it. I told her that if I find a problem I will tell her to stop. These book worms. She didnt give me a chance . She agrees that if I find an answer and it's bad she will stop Smile Banging head

esuss

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 7:14 am
It seems to be kosher books.org

DrMom

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 7:28 am
Yoyo613 wrote:
I'm not managing there. Can someone please search for me "Born on a blue day"? TIA. My daughter is next to me devouring it. I told her that if I find a problem I will tell her to stop. These book worms. She didnt give me a chance . She agrees that if I find an answer and it's bad she will stop Smile Banging head

Perhaps your daughter can write in to kosherbooks and suggest that this book be added to their list for review.

If it's a good book and an appropriate book, it will be nice if others can benefit.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 9:00 am
Just as another resource, menuchaclassrooms.com has some books on there that are rated by censor level so if they carry it (more so for little kid books vs secular older ones, but still....Theodore Boone series for example is on there) you can see what exactly is potentially problematic and if it meets your personal family standards.

elisheva25

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 9:03 am
Menucha classrooms
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room