Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Endocrinologist for thyroid TR/Lakewood area
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 10:56 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I don't know if I'm that good. I also don't know know hypo so well. And, it helps to know the ranges for the last 3 tests. I can say that you want a doctor who will not go by TSH alone, and who will test T3 as well as T4.
Do you have copies of all your labs? Does the doctor consistently do the same forms of T3 and T4 testing? Do you know where your numbers are when you're feeling good?

I have my labs from the last 10 years LOL
Though not all doctors took exactly the same tests.
When my numbers were lower I was a lot thinner too. Also I'm on blood pressure medication which makes me tired. So I don't really know which symptoms stem from thyroid dysfunction and which are just from my lousy lifestyle habits. I know I know I need to work on eating right and exercising. Sigh.

They asked me to bring my charts. What does that mean? Is bloodwork enough or do they want to see my medication history?

all.smiles

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 12:40 pm
This is not exactly related to this post - just wondering if any of you can advise me, based on your experiences:

I was told I have hypothyroidism around the time of my first pregnancy.

Upon instructions from my OB, I take Synthroid during all pregnancies and any time I can technically conceive (not nursing, etc).

I have no symptoms of hypothyroidism and feel no different when on medication.
(I do somehow gain weight every time I'm on meds, but I know that makes no sense and may be unrelated.)

Recently, I've been wondering whether I should see an endo; it just seems strange that I have no symptoms and I wonder I am taking medication needlessly.

Is it normal to be hypothyroid, yet have no symptoms?

And is it normal to take Synthroid for years without ever seeing an endocrinologist?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 11:54 am
Just wanted to come back and say I had my appointment with Dr. Ganne and was very happy with her. She took her time to listen and explain and seemed very competent.
Thank you for the recommendation.

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:07 pm
all.smiles wrote:
This is not exactly related to this post - just wondering if any of you can advise me, based on your experiences:

I was told I have hypothyroidism around the time of my first pregnancy.

Upon instructions from my OB, I take Synthroid during all pregnancies and any time I can technically conceive (not nursing, etc).

I have no symptoms of hypothyroidism and feel no different when on medication.
(I do somehow gain weight every time I'm on meds, but I know that makes no sense and may be unrelated.)

Recently, I've been wondering whether I should see an endo; it just seems strange that I have no symptoms and I wonder I am taking medication needlessly.

Is it normal to be hypothyroid, yet have no symptoms?

And is it normal to take Synthroid for years without ever seeing an endocrinologist?

Definitely see an endocrinologist...OB's are not trained in endocrinology.

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just wanted to come back and say I had my appointment with Dr. Ganne and was very happy with her. She took her time to listen and explain and seemed very competent.

Glad it worked out! Just letting you know it is hard to get a hold of the front desk sometimes, so if she refers you out for labs or tests make sure to get pre authorization from your insurance or whatever is needed so that the lab doesn't cancel on you because they couldn't get through to the office for the referral etc.
Dh just had an MRI scheduled and they couldn't get through to the office for some info they needed so it ended up canceled:(

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:10 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
Glad it worked out! Just letting you know it is hard to get a hold of the front desk sometimes, so if she refers you out for labs or tests make sure to get pre authorization from your insurance or whatever is needed so that the lab doesn't cancel on you because they couldn't get through to the office for the referral etc.
Dh just had an MRI scheduled and they couldn't get through to the office for some info they needed so it ended up canceled:(

Good to know. Thanks.

my80

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:38 pm
Blush,
Could you please tell me more about Dr Kronhaus. I am looking for a more out of the box thyroid Dr who is willing to prescribe Armour etc and go by symptoms and has some experience with this.
Currently I am travelling close to 1.5 hrs to a Dr willing to prescribe it, however she won't let me go up high enough in my dosage.
You can pm me or post it here.
Many thanks!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 3:55 pm
all.smiles wrote:

Not abnormal but have you ever seen your labs?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 3:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Wonderful!
If you continue to feel this way, let someone know in one of the medical referral organizations. A good endo isn't easy to find.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 2:40 pm
if you are ttc you should best go to a reproductive endocrinologist as they are well trained in the intricacies of thyroid function together with the reproductive system. dr rybak from rma is amazing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 3:30 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
if you are ttc you should best go to a reproductive endocrinologist as they are well trained in the intricacies of thyroid function together with the reproductive system. dr rybak from rma is amazing.

Since my op I b"h had an adorable baby that's almost 2.
Happens to be were ttc again and it's not going so easy. My numbers went from 1.something to 4.63. Dr. Ganne seems to feel it's from the generic Levothyroxine and put me on the brand name Unithroid. She feels it's more consistent.
I hope to update in a few years with another adorable toddler LOL .
I'm not ready to switch to an RE. This will be our last iy"h and if it doesn't happen easily we might just stop trying.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Since my op I b"h had an adorable baby that's almost 2.
Happens to be were ttc again and it's not going so easy. My numbers went from 1.something to 4.63. Dr. Ganne seems to feel it's from the generic Levothyroxine and put me on the brand name Unithroid. She feels it's more consistent.
I hope to update in a few years with another adorable toddler LOL .
I'm not ready to switch to an RE. This will be our last iy"h and if it doesn't happen easily we might just stop trying.

Mazel tov!
I've heard about consistency issues with generics.
But more concerning is, what other numbers is your doctor going by? Do you also have T4 and T3 tested?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:27 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Mazel tov!
I've heard about consistency issues with generics.
But more concerning is, what other numbers is your doctor going by? Do you also have T4 and T3 tested?

Yes she tests it all.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes she tests it all.

Good.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries