Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What you consider cute clothing
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 9:30 pm
A friend just told me this story.

A's husband had the car, so he picked her up from work.

A said to her friend B, "Come out and see my kids. They are dressed so cute today. They mamash look like g0yim."

What is wrong with this story? Please discuss.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 9:31 pm
Huh?! Sad.

trixx

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 9:33 pm
I don't get where the car and husband come in but I can assure you that frum style is nothing like what actual non jews wear. Let's start with boys pants, for one.

cnc

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 9:36 pm
Odd

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 10:10 pm
...sorry but the g0yim do not know how to dress

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 10:12 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
...sorry but the g0yim do not know how to dress

What an odd statement. Who do you think manufacturers most of your children's clothing?
I think Zara models for example look super cute and an trend. And many others...

abaker

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 10:15 pm
What a weird thing to say. My first thought was "did they dress up in halloween costumes?" It's cute to dress kids well cute, but I mamash want them to look like proud yidden.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 10:16 pm
abaker wrote:
What a weird thing to say. My first thought was "did they dress up in halloween costumes?" It's cute to dress kids well cute, but I mamash want them to look like proud yidden.

👍🏻

Jewish kids should look cute, and Jewish Smile

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 2:30 am
allthingsblue wrote:
What an odd statement. Who do you think manufacturers most of your children's clothing?
I think Zara models for example look super cute and an trend. And many others...

Ok but most g0yim dont dress like zara models. I just took my son to the library fir story time- just comparing their outfits, my son is wearing a huxbaby sweater with corduroy leggings and really cute shoes from a jewish shoe store. Tyler is wearing a monster truck t shirt, cargo pants, light up sneakers.
No offense to Tyler's mom, but that is not at all my style, and I wouldn't not consider it a compliment if someone told me that my son looks so cute that he looks like Tyler.
In fact, I have yet to see a g0yish boy my sons age wearing anything remotely close to what zara is selling.

DrMom

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 2:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A friend just told me this story.

A's husband had the car, so he picked her up from work.

A said to her friend B, "Come out and see my kids. They are dressed so cute today. They mamash look like g0yim."

What is wrong with this story? Please discuss.

1) The details about the car and the husband are irrelevant and distracting;

2) It's not clear what "dressing like g0yim" means;

3) It's potentially offensive;

4) Assuming #2 is something that A understand, it is odd that a Jewish mother goes out of her way to dress her kids in a manner in which she perceives non-Jews dress;

5) The thread title isn't a great fit for the content of this post.

Elfrida

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 3:16 am
I suppose the children were in the car with the husband.

But why would looking like non jews be anyones ambition?

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 3:25 am
Ok but most g0yim dont dress like zara models. I just took my son to the library fir story time- just comparing their outfits, my son is wearing a huxbaby sweater with corduroy leggings and really cute shoes from a jewish shoe store. Tyler is wearing a monster truck t shirt, cargo pants, light up sneakers.
No offense to Tyler's mom, but that is not at all my style, and I wouldn't not consider it a compliment if someone told me that my son looks so cute that he looks like Tyler.
In fact, I have yet to see a g0yish boy my sons age wearing anything remotely close to what zara is selling.

I personally don't get the obsession with children's clothing, and would never dream of comparing my kids' outfits to other kids.

I would never plan my kid's outfit for a library outing.

In fact, this whole thread makes me feel like an alien (to reference that other thread).
The mother in op's story seems to me to be a closed-minded prejudiced woman (what does it mean to dress like a g@y?? There are a million different types of non Jews!)

Also highlights a materialistic, shallow outlook that I just don't get.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 4:04 am
G*yish boys usually wear some form of jeans and a t-shirt and sneakers. Very casual. The girls too except theirs is tighter. The outfits of siblings rarely match if they are not twins.
If this lady thinks that highly of average non-Jewish kid's wardrobe, she likely does not venture out of her neighborhood often.

Rappel

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 4:15 am
. Tyler is wearing a monster truck t shirt, cargo pants, light up sneakers.

Well, I don't go for the monster trucks (I prefer button downs, and quiet t-shirts do the job as well), but my son loves pants with as many pockets as possible, and he would faint from happiness if we got him light-up sneakers.

I thought I dress my son pretty classily, and that he always looks put together, and that his clothes are fun and useful for him, but apparently he looks just like any gentile kid.

Ah, well.

grace413

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 5:04 am
Ok but most g0yim dont dress like zara models. I just took my son to the library fir story time- just comparing their outfits, my son is wearing a huxbaby sweater with corduroy leggings and really cute shoes from a jewish shoe store.

https://huxbaby.com/collections/kids-sweaters

I'm not informed about baby clothes so I googled this brand.

I'm now feeling like an alien because it is beyond my comprehension how people can pay over $50 for an infant/toddler sweater.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 5:40 am
grace413 wrote:
https://huxbaby.com/collections/kids-sweaters

I'm not informed about baby clothes so I googled this brand.

I'm now feeling like an alien because it is beyond my comprehension how people can pay over $50 for an infant/toddler sweater.

Same. I definitely don't strive to dress my kids in that kind of 'style'. In fact, I'd be much prouder to dress them like Tyler's mom.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 5:47 am
Am I missing something? My baby just wears a onesie and leggings or pants most days. I buy at children’s place or carters. Shabbos she has dresses from carter’s or gap.
She looks adorable in all of them. Cute is something either with a cute design or beautiful colors.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 6:19 am

That’s because frum fashion looks odd to many people and isn’t really the way most people dress their kids.

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 6:29 am

Does Zara only sell to Jews?

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 6:34 am
Maybe the kids were wearing denim. This way they could be cute and dressed like gâ—‹ys. Certain Frum Jews won't wear denim for that reason.

OP, what were the kids wearing?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics