Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Unpopular Opinions
  Previous  1  2  3  16  17  18

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 12:40 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Sirène

Thanks for the spelling Ruchel!

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 12:51 pm
I think yeshivish ladies talking about who got engaged, what they are making for dinner, and what shoes are currently in, ad nauseum and ad infinitum., is just about the most pathetic, nebby thing there is on the planet..
Vapid Vally Girls masquerading as "Ultra Orthodox Women"

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 4:29 pm
I see girls who look like they couldn't be a day over 14 or 15, wearing sheitels. Most of them are double covering, with little black hats.

This makes me feel vaguely uneasy. I want to go up to them and say "Are you OK? Do you need help?"

They look so young and vulnerable, and I wonder if they are happy in their lives.

Ima4therecord

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 11:13 pm
Cheiny wrote:
#13 [b]and I’m not referring to mothers who absolutely must work for parnassa (as opposed to those who just choose to work “to get out of the house.” There’s plenty of time for that when the kids start school.) A therapist told me that if parents understood how damaging it could be to have a non-Jewish nanny spending many hours with your young impressionable kids, they’d be horrified.

sorry what research is supporting this? I guess this is my unpopular opinion. I don't think choosing to work is a bad thing! I did not like being a stay at home mom. I now send my 4 month old to a reliable daycare that I trust along with my 2 year old. When they are home with me I make sure to spend as much time with them as I can bonding with them. My two year old and me have a great bond and she was not with me all day since 6 weeks. I am choosing to work because I need that intellectual stimulation or I go crazy. I think my kids would rather a happy mother than a depressed mother.

In terms of the nanny- I actually did send my daughter to a nanny before daycare for a little (all the daycares were full and at that time and I couldn't choose not to work even if I wanted to).

Why do you say it's damaging to have a non-jewish nanny with an infant? Maybe I understand a toddler because that's the age of chinuch... but as long as she is adequently taking care of the infant and responding to cues, attention etc... I'm not sure it's so terrible... I'm sure there's sources saying otherwise...

Again what research is supporting your therapist's view?[b]

Surrendered

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 11:28 pm
My unpopular opinion is that:
Frumkeit is nothing worth when you gossip and judge others.
Some people think they're Frummer than others because of their headgear or dress code. (They consider themselves a level above the rest because of what they wear).

Another unpopular opinion:
People worry about what others think about them, unfortunately- nobody cares. Everyone is busy thinking about themselves.

top mom

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 4:56 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I see girls who look like they couldn't be a day over 14 or 15, wearing sheitels. Most of them are double covering, with little black hats.

This makes me feel vaguely uneasy. I want to go up to them and say "Are you OK? Do you need help?"

They look so young and vulnerable, and I wonder if they are happy in their lives.

Totally!
I get so sad when I see young ladies 22-24 years old, looking drained, wiped out, pushing a double carriage while heavily pregnant.
Just a few short years ago, she was full of life, smiling, with a spark in her eyes and bounce in her step.
Is this what being a frum woman is about?
Dreaming about sleep for years on end?

nchr

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 7:33 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

Many chassidish girls look like that at 30... the dress, no makeup, being short, etc..

MiriFr

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 7:50 am
I never read Jewish literature, and I never stumbled upon any of that dirty stuff you mentioned! And I swallow books whole.
My unpopular opinion: I'm not a huge doona fan TMI

yersp

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 8:11 am
My unpopular opinion:

When someone stops to help your child who just missed his connecting bus to the new community that you moved to, went out of her way, took time out of her busy schedule and almost missed her ride home and when you meet this helper two weeks later, look her up and down and walk away without saying anything (a thank you would've been sufficient), you are a rude person.

Thank you OP for giving me the opportunity to put this out there.
Page 18 of 18   Previous  1  2  3  16  17  18 Recent Topics