Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Chronic Constipation. Desperate for advice!
Previous  1  2

HelloG

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 8:05 pm
I used to give benefiber, cell food, constipation care and you name it
I started making bags of frozen yellow fruits, peaches, pineapple, mango and organic bananas (must be organic, non organic constipates) and I make her a smoothie each morning. I went away for sukkahs and decided that I am embarrassed to take it along. we had lots of trouble. this is our lifesaver

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 8:28 pm
Surprised Surprised Surprised shocked to see how many pediatricians recommenced miralax. Did you know miralax is not even FDA approved for use in kids??! This is off label use. Even the approval for use in adults is for no more than 7 days. Can’t believe its being used as a go to for so many kids and for so long. Miralax doesn’t fix the problem, just puts a bandaid on it. And is known to cause many serious side effects, especially in children.

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 9:38 pm
Most people don’t know this but pear juice works as a strong laxative for babies. When my doctor first told me about pear juice, I didn’t really think it would work for my severely constipated child. I didn’t even know what pear juice was!
Pear juice is sold as a baby product. It looks like a small bottle of apple juice. The taste is similar. It can be found near the baby jars aisle.
Anyone who I told pear juice about called me back to tell me that it really worked!
Before medication, please give your child a bottle/cup of pear juice. It’s almost guaranteed that you will get results. Come back here and let me know.

amother
White

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:13 am
TMI! The feeling?! Just relieved myself after 3 days! I am after cesarean & felt my stitches from my incision coming apart! Crazy painful! but now after the fact, feel so much better bh. Wasn't on any food first & kept on asking for stool softener.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics