Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning lady and laundry help

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 11:45 am
How many hours of cleaning help do you have a week? Do you have her fold and put away laundry or just fold?

I used to have 3 hrs but just upped it to 6. She folds it and I put it away. I hate putting it away but not sure its worth training her what goes where cuz there will always be mistakes especially since my two girls are size 3 and 5.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 11:47 am
My friend had a brilliant idea - put each person's clothing in a separate laundry bag/basket, and wash them in individual loads. That way there is no sorting, which cuts down the time dramatically.

Wife1

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 11:50 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
My friend had a brilliant idea - put each person's clothing in a separate laundry bag/basket, and wash them in individual loads. That way there is no sorting, which cuts down the time dramatically.

Then you are doing multiple loads for each family member? Sounds like a lot of work....

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 11:51 am
I wash everything on cold or warm, I never sort whites or darks. (Well, sometimes I'll do a white load for DH and DS with oxiclean whitener, but usually it's good enough to wash everything together.)

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:01 pm
chocolatecake wrote:
How many hours of cleaning help do you have a week? Do you have her fold and put away laundry or just fold?

I used to have 3 hrs but just upped it to 6. She folds it and I put it away. I hate putting it away but not sure its worth training her what goes where cuz there will always be mistakes especially since my two girls are size 3 and 5.

I use stick on name labels, each kid has a different color (and name) so it make things simpler to sort.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:21 pm
I wash each kid's laundry separately. (It ends up being a full load for each kid.)

creditcards

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:29 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I wash everything on cold or warm, I never sort whites or darks. (Well, sometimes I'll do a white load for DH and DS with oxiclean whitener, but usually it's good enough to wash everything together.)

I do the same. I thought I'm the only one.
After Its washed and I have a cleaning lady I sort it for her before she folds it and take the basket next to the closet where its supposed to go. And I tell her this whole basket fold and put into this closet. If I don't have a cleaning lady like now. It either stays on my extra bed till we wear it or I try to fold but never get around to finish everything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry