Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
No one answers!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 8:28 pm
It’s not every day. Some days are fine. Some days I don’t send a lot of messages to people and so am not waiting for people to get back to me. I don’t think I’m considered socially awkward. Maybe I’m a bit weird but I put on a good front.

Today was a day where I happened to need replies from a bunch of people about a bunch of things. I sent out about 8 different text messages that did not respond. Am I invisible?!

Ok you know what, it’s not that bad. I sent out other messages that people did respond to. And for whatever reason some of the people I’m trying to contact are of a demographic that are typically known as flaky. And the other demographic are known as harried and busy. Ok fine.

It’s not my fault. Each person who doesn’t respond to my question (which needs a very short answer) does not know about the other 7 who didn’t. No one is trying to ignore me. Unless they are. But whatever.

And yes, I do try to respond to messages in a timely manner. Usually.

I’m just posting to see if anyone else ever feels the same way. Invisible?

giselle

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 8:39 pm
Sometimes I see a text when I’m busy and forget to respond. Or I miss the text entirely. It’s definitely not personal.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 9:32 pm
Pet peeve about emails. I am super conscientious I shouldn't let an email slip through my inbox, but a text can easily get drowned in a sea of texts if one doesn't hang onto the phone all day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette